Ok so I'm going to be using the Axe tomorrow in rehearsal (finally) a ??

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
one of the things I love about my JVM is that I've got 2 master volumes so I can click on the foot pedal for leads
and get a volume boost without anything else changing
I want to do this with scenes how are you guys doing this?
I have a 50 watt Plexi patch that will be my main patch for tomorrow and I'd like to add that in to scene 2 with my delay
and compressor (already have those 2 set up)
thanks in advance

I recently changed to adding a GEQ second to last in the grid for volume increase.

I bypass for normal. Engage for volume increase.

I set the EQ curve up for a mild midrange and presence boost.

I follow that with a null Filter that I use as a mute. I set the bypass mode to MUTE and when that Filter block is bypassed it mutes my guitar in output 1.

I did that because I am using a TC Helicon VoiceLive 3 to control the AxeFx in lieu of the MFC for the next round of up coming shows starting this month.

When I bypass the Filter block, I've still got output 2 -> TC Box to control the vocal harmonies but the guitar is off to FOH and monitors.

+1 on the GEQ. I juice the mids a tiny bit (a little goes a long way) to cut through more and I add 3db boost. It works great.

In most of my patches, I also normally assign one of my pedals to a volume block set at 80% heel-down, so I know that I always have some extra nitro in the tank in case I need it. I rarely use it, but if I don't need the pedal for something else, I throw it in there just in case.

I just use a filter block set to null at the end of my chain and set it to +3db so for scenes just save that block as active in scene 2 with whatever effects you want on and there you have a clean boost that won't color the original tone.

Perfect the GEQ works great thank you!

I recently changed to adding a GEQ second to last in the grid for volume increase.

I bypass for normal. Engage for volume increase.

I set the EQ curve up for a mild midrange and presence boost.

I follow that with a null Filter that I use as a mute. I set the bypass mode to MUTE and when that Filter block is bypassed it mutes my guitar in output 1.

I did that because I am using a TC Helicon VoiceLive 3 to control the AxeFx in lieu of the MFC for the next round of up coming shows starting this month.

When I bypass the Filter block, I've still got output 2 -> TC Box to control the vocal harmonies but the guitar is off to FOH and monitors.

I'm using a PEQ, with the mids boosted a bit, and the high/low extremes dropped a couple db. The PEQ level is usually boosted somewhere around 4 db, right now. I've just started doing this in the last month or so, and haven't used it too frequently live, yet, so it may be subject to some revisions, as I get some more road time on it. Works great in home studio applications, right now.

Back
Top Bottom