OK so I have to ask...before I just say...bleh...and stay with the II

grumpops

Inspired
I've been using an FX II MK XL since 2014.
Always loved it. Never felt like...Ah man if I could just....no, I was content.
Then I felt 100 years old coming here Today (probably first time in...at least a year)....and...where's my FX II? Where's my foot pedal
Ooooooh!!!! Waaaaaay down at the bottom of the page in LEGACY....Legacy??? OMG!!!! lol

I noticed the MFC isn't even on the product list anymore..not sure how either of the other two replace it though.
Will the MFC still work with the FX III via FASLINK?

And of course, since I've become so cynical over the last 10 months...
WHY is there a significant drop in the price of the FX III unless...unless...like every time before, from when I got my first Ultra, to the FXII....not six months after I got it at a great price...POOF....here came the Ultra II...was about to get the Ultra II and BAM....out comes....FX II MK..and so on...so...maybe I should wait another six months or so?

Can I also assume that, like was with the Ultra Presets we created not being able to transfer to the Ultra II, one will not be able to ransfer the presets from anything below a III to any version of a III????

Head hurts now...time for bed* lol

Thanks in advance...I want the damned thing. (FX III). I just don't want to once again, spend $2K and then 90 days later, at $400 more...the next up just arrived...ugh...lol

I've been using an FX II MK XL since 2014.
Always loved it. Never felt like...Ah man if I could just....no, I was content.
Then I felt 100 years old coming here Today (probably first time in...at least a year)....and...where's my FX II? Where's my foot pedal
Ooooooh!!!! Waaaaaay down at the bottom of the page in LEGACY....Legacy??? OMG!!!! lol

I noticed the MFC isn't even on the product list anymore..not sure how either of the other two replace it though.
Will the MFC still work with the FX III via FASLINK?

And of course, since I've become so cynical over the last 10 months...
WHY is there a significant drop in the price of the FX III unless...unless...like every time before, from when I got my first Ultra, to the FXII....not six months after I got it at a great price...POOF....here came the Ultra II...was about to get the Ultra II and BAM....out comes....FX II MK..and so on...so...maybe I should wait another six months or so?

Can I also assume that, like was with the Ultra Presets we created not being able to transfer to the Ultra II, one will not be able to ransfer the presets from anything below a III to any version of a III????

Head hurts now...time for bed* lol

Thanks in advance...I want the damned thing. (FX III). I just don't want to once again, spend $2K and then 90 days later, at $400 more...the next up just arrived...ugh...lol
The Faslink does not work with the MFC101 and the Axe Fx III. Uses different coding and is in fact called Faslink II. You can program the MFC101 to use midi and control it that way, but that is not the easiest task to do and if you do it never really felt the same as using the Faslink with ease of setup and programming. The III is here for a while as seems like there is plenty of improvement to be made and space to do so on unit. Trust me you'll be happy. FYI there is a deal now if you buy from fractal and get a bundle deal with FC6 or 12. Check it out and welcome back.....you Legacy Dinosaur!

The Mark II was just released recently - twice the presets & more flash memory than the original. This tells me there's still a lot of life left in the III, especially with the additional memory. Cliff stated he's considering different ideas to utilize the extra memory so that tells me we're nowhere near end-of-life on the III. Go for it - you won't regret it!

I just don't want to once again, spend $2K and then 90 days later, at $400 more...the next up just arrived...ugh...lol
You can buy one of the package deals now and probably get a couple of years before the next one comes out. Even then, the II was still getting updates for quite a while after the III was released.

Both the Ultra and XL still produce stunning results but the III is more user friendly IMHO with both the editor and foot-switch as well as sound advancements. I'm a believer in not looking at the what comes next but rather what you're replacing. Otherwise you'll pull your hair out. Rock stars need hair.

If you're happy where you are, no need to jump up.

I will say that it is worth it tho if you decide. Your II - MFC combo will sell easily.

R

A few years ago we bought a cutting edge television, we marveled, “can you believe it’s 65” wide and only 3” thick? “

The Faslink does not work with the MFC101 and the Axe Fx III. Uses different coding and is in fact called Faslink II. You can program the MFC101 to use midi and control it that way, but that is not the easiest task to do and if you do it never really felt the same as using the Faslink with ease of setup and programming. The III is here for a while as seems like there is plenty of improvement to be made and space to do so on unit. Trust me you'll be happy. FYI there is a deal now if you buy from fractal and get a bundle deal with FC6 or 12. Check it out and welcome back.....you Legacy Dinosaur!
Hey now...enough what that Dinosaur stuff there buddy.....Just remember, when I was in school they weren't teaching History...cuz there was none yet..now...SELF REGULATED POLITICAL COMMENT DID NOT GO HERE lol lol

A few years ago we bought a cutting edge television, we marveled, “can you believe it’s 65” wide and only 3” thick? “
OMG I know...I started rehabbing my house (meaning stuff in here is too damned old and time to replace it..so I created this huge pile of old furniture and such and I'll have a guy with a front loader and dump truck come clean off my driveway...
In that mess....a REAR PROJECTION 4 : 3 letterbox projection TV that was....WAIT FOR IT.....52" diagonal.
With a 271 Line per inch resolution and we thought we were shi*tin in tall cotton...lol
I get it..
Just felt...left behind...lol
Each of the three I've had...I got them within 6 months of the newest and best coming out...lol

Thanks ya'll
Ok..so when I get some of my own money back later this month...I think I know what we're doin....OMG another learning curve with NEW processes to learn...lol

Looking at the fs12..I"m not seeing that it will work anything like the MFC.
I liked having individual control over blocks in a preset, loved the ability to use IAs, and NO desire to add external switches..Have expression and volume pedals now...(and can assign either to anything)..I'm not seeing a lot of this functionality with the 12..it sorta reminds me of a newer and upgraded version of the FCB1010 Behringer pedal

You really should check out youtube and what the FC6/12 can do. It does all the MFC101 can do, plus a bazillion other things.
Looking at the fs12..I"m not seeing that it will work anything like the MFC.
I liked having individual control over blocks in a preset, loved the ability to use IAs, and NO desire to add external switches..Have expression and volume pedals now...(and can assign either to anything)..I'm not seeing a lot of this functionality with the 12..it sorta reminds me of a newer and upgraded version of the FCB1010 Behringer pedal

The Mark II was just released recently - twice the presets & more flash memory than the original. This tells me there's still a lot of life left in the III, especially with the additional memory. Cliff stated he's considering different ideas to utilize the extra memory so that tells me we're nowhere near end-of-life on the III. Go for it - you won't regret it!
^^This

I got the 3 about 2 months ago since I knew it was wit the Mark II - it was released not that long ago.
If you get one now, you won't regret it. And it WILL become legacy - that's just how technology works. So it's not about the product you own, but about the one you own WHEN you own it (and what you do with it).

Technology is 3 dimensional. :)

Get one - you won't regret it. :D

Thanks ya'll
Ok..so when I get some of my own money back later this month...I think I know what we're doin....OMG another learning curve with NEW processes to learn...lol
You will find that the III is much easier to dial in and get GREAT tones. Every amp model sounds awesome at default values and I have not had to adjust a single advanced value since several years. You will also tremendously enjoy the FC 12 and what it can do and how amazingly flexible and agile this controller is. I can guaranty that you will be blown away.

Back
Top Bottom