OK, Now I know I'm old, but.......It's OK

Stratman68

Axe-Master
First, most here know I am not a metal fan, not for or against, so don't take it as a dig-just an old blues\rock guy.
Came across a video of 3 really young sisters playing rock\metal. I mean the fist one I saw the bass player was 8 yrs old. They ALL started , wait for it, with classical piano around age 4. Jeeezzz! Seems they are very popular. So many sister duo's\bands these days-amazing and very cool.
I kind of like his song-there I said it.
I am one of 4 kids. Only musician................... :)

BTW, Whiskey A Go-Go- a private show? Cool.

Not exactly metal, but I'm working with a young acoustic artist here in my home town that has the artistic gift. Not a chops player by any means, but she writes some very great sounding simple acoustic songs on various exotic instruments from around the world and can express herself with honesty and emotion in 12 languages. I almost laughed when she said she plays banjo, but after seeing cell phone video of her in the Amazon jungle playing a beautiful song she wrote while living with the indigenous tribes there, I pretty much ate my words and it knocked down my rock star wannabe ego considerably.

Her mission is to spread awareness about natural healing methods, and her album project that I am hoping to help produce and record is for the benefit of the indigenous tribes she has lived with in South America and elsewhere in the world for the past 6 or 7 years. I'd post a link, but around here people are into the athletic technical prowess and learning to paint by the numbers more than originality... so I'll just quietly enjoy working on something unique and hope that her project makes a difference in a part of the world that needs help. "Murica F' Yeah. Let's make bombs and put our names on big buildings.

Playing with her is helping me a lot as well. I am trying to forget how I learned to play. Every song I do on guitar now is in E Chromatic Minor Major with Diminished Augmented Embellishments. When I try some of her odd instruments I just want it tuned and no knowledge of what the tuning is... playing it only by ear and intuition. You'd be surprised when happens when you quiet that voice that tells you how you are supposed to play something and just let your ear and 40+ years of muscle memory in the fingers guide you on an instrument you've never played before in a tuning that you don't even know.

Early this year I went to see Stryper, in my hometown of Monterrey, Mexico. I just felt like going to a concert, and I had read these guys had a very good sound Maybe I knew 1 song of theirs, and I'm not into their thing....kinda funny to see they have lots of fans...you know...preaching...but I digress...
These girls opened. I enjoyed them much more than the main act. They are locals, I found out. Very polished for their age, I thought, and well, with top notch gear too. Great stage presence.

Early this year I went to see Stryper, in my hometown of Monterrey, Mexico. I just felt like going to a concert, and I had read these guys had a very good sound Maybe I knew 1 song of theirs, and I'm not into their thing....kinda funny to see they have lots of fans...you know...preaching...but I digress...
These girls opened. I enjoyed them much more than the main act. They are locals, I found out. Very polished for their age, I thought, and well, with top notch gear too. Great stage presence.
I thought they were good also. Funny, so many views but no comments. Possibly because their isn't a rip roaring guitar soloist.
I was basically trying to show that times have changed since I was younger. There is another family band of youngsters, Liliac, they are very good for what they do. Heavy rock\metal, which is not my cup of tea either.
They do one of the best covers of Crazy Train I have ever heard-imho. 3 brothers and 2 sisters.

I thought they were good also. Funny, so many views but no comments. Possibly because their isn't a rip roaring guitar soloist.
I was basically trying to show that times have changed since I was younger. There is another family band of youngsters, Liliac, they are very good for what they do. Heavy rock\metal, which is not my cup of tea either.
They do one of the best covers of Crazy Train I have ever heard-imho. 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
Yes, Liliac is a cool band. Family that plays metal. I saw some video about them, and I think they were home schooled rather than public education. Dad was probably the main music influence and main reason they all shared the love of music.
They seem well raised and down to earth and you can see it in the joy they have in their playing.

Yes, Liliac is a cool band. Family that plays metal. I saw some video about them, and I think they were home schooled rather than public education. Dad was probably the main music influence and main reason they all shared the love of music.
They seem well raised and down to earth and you can see it in the joy they have in their playing.
Yes I agree.... It was interesting to watch them from little kids playing Enter Sandman to young ladies. They are very popular. Not really my thing, but I truly love the way music, actual music is making a big comeback-so sick of the Brittany's clones and the like..............Also liked your post above about the young lady....Sounds like a good thing...............

Yes I agree.... It was interesting to watch them from little kids playing Enter Sandman to young ladies. They are very popular. Not really my thing, but I truly love the way music, actual music is making a big comeback-so sick of the Brittany's clones and the like..............Also liked your post above about the young lady....Sounds like a good thing...............
That may not pan out, but hoping we can make time for it She decided to return to school for her masters degree, so it kind of got putnon hold a bit. Hoping she can free up enough time to at least jam some. She let me borrow a charongo for a bit, and I really dig playing a fretted instrument that is tuned differently and did my best to not learn anything beyond the tuning, and just playb it by ear. Now I want to try some of the other cool toys she has. Lol

Back
Top Bottom