OK, I'm In

Assumer

Inspired
Just purchased one tonight from Fractal.. I have been putting it off and just decided to do it. I did have several beers???? I want to use my current cab, (genz benz black pearl 2x12) any suggestions for an affordable amp to use till I can upgrade? I blew all my money on the AxeFx, can't afford much else.

Mesa 50/50. Retro Channel or Matrix? Only tried my 50/50 as a pure poweramp with guitarcabs

Lots of affordable power amps. Check older mosfet one's if you want additional 'tube tone'. Otherwise, I've used an American Audio VLP300 which was nice (well, nicely gathering dust now since I've gone FRFR). $179ish clean power; reasonable and enough for most venues.

R

I use a QSC RMX 850. I wish I had a matrix, but I just happened to have this poweramp laying around from purchasing two 15" subs....it gets the job done. BTW I use it to power my Splawn 4x12.

Matrix GM50

This is a great unit. From memory I got mine for around $340 landed in Australia.

A crazy hour on the kitchen table with a drill and a hacksaw and it was in the back of my Framus 2*12 cab with Scumback BM75/H75's.

Sounds great and makes a very portable setup. In my opinion there is no practical need for it to be any louder and I'm traditional in the way that mono was always going to be good enough for me.

If your cab has the red fangs it's definitely worth getting a poweramp and using the cab for the whole "amp in the room" feel. <$350 is super affordable for something of this quality.

It is also worth mentioning I also ordered the Axe II, MFC-101 and the Matrix after a bottle of wine, but we should start another thread/category for that discussion.

This is a great unit. From memory I got mine for around $340 landed in Australia.

A crazy hour on the kitchen table with a drill and a hacksaw and it was in the back of my Framus 2*12 cab with Scumback BM75/H75's.

Sounds great and makes a very portable setup. In my opinion there is no practical need for it to be any louder and I'm traditional in the way that mono was always going to be good enough for me.

If your cab has the red fangs it's definitely worth getting a poweramp and using the cab for the whole "amp in the room" feel. <$350 is super affordable for something of this quality.

It is also worth mentioning I also ordered the Axe II, MFC-101 and the Matrix after a bottle of wine, but we should start another thread/category for that discussion.

Do you remember if the wine was any good ? :)

Just purchased one tonight from Fractal.. I have been putting it off and just decided to do it. I did have several beers???? I want to use my current cab, (genz benz black pearl 2x12) any suggestions for an affordable amp to use till I can upgrade? I blew all my money on the AxeFx, can't afford much else.

Congrats! Damn, I had several beers 2nite too but musta been one shy of pulling the trigger. I'll try harder tomorrow night. :)

I use VHT2502 and Matrix GT1000FX to my Cornford 2x12(1/3 open back) or Splawn 4x12 ..Both amps with great result :) ..

I just ordered RCF NX12 SMA to check it out , and if good, go FRFR way..

Back
Top Bottom