Ok. I'll start Wish list

Since Cliff said they had a number of products in the pipeline, I doubt this would happen (cab block) INCLUDED in the FX8.

However, I have NO DOUBT they are working on something like the Logidy Epsi/Torpedo Cab to enable users to have a portable IR loader.

Exciting times!

Wish I..... had a perfect ear for tones, had the ability to dial in every tone I hear perfectly & more importantly wish I could use the XL to its full ability!

NUFF SAID :lol

My main hope/wish for the FX8 is that it's more transparent in my amp's effects loop than my Ultra is. I've never been able to get satisfactory results running the Ultra this way. There's a very noticeable compression, and it darkens the tone a good bit as well. Essentially it robs the amp of the "thwack," the punch-you-in-the-chest immediacy that's a big reason why we like good tube amps. That's true regardless of which input I use on the Ultra, and even with no effect blocks active in the matrix. I am REALLY hoping the FX8 is more transparent and uncompressed than the Ultra.

Since the yesterday's announcement and getting on the wait list, I've been thinking how I'm gonna rearrange my pedalboard, etc.

It occurred to me that it'd be really nice if the FAS folks came up with a really good, practical way of mounting the FX8 to a PedalTrain board or similar without having to resort to velcro or the latest hook/loop system from 3M.

Since the yesterday's announcement and getting on the wait list, I've been thinking how I'm gonna rearrange my pedalboard, etc.

It occurred to me that it'd be really nice if the FAS folks came up with a really good, practical way of mounting the FX8 to a PedalTrain board or similar without having to resort to velcro or the latest hook/loop system from 3M.

Temple Audio ;)

Ok so, hear me out.

I noticed that the FX-8 can change channels on an amp. And that is astounding.

So if I were to run this before the preamp in, for example, an Archon that I am considering as well as in the effects loop. Can I run patch and scene changes off of a click track, but also have that change the channels on the amp itself?

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

So if I were to run this before the preamp in, for example, an Archon that I am considering as well as in the effects loop. Can I run patch and scene changes off of a click track, but also have that change the channels on the amp itself?

I have not seen details of the FX8's MIDI implementation yet, but in theory the answer would be yes...you'd embed your PC or CC commands in the click track and send them to the FX8 via the MIDI in. I assume it can probably process incoming PC and CC commands, as that's quite basic. With regard to controlling the Archon, not sure about that because I don't know what the channel switching technology is. I can't tell if the Archon's footswitch jack is a MIDI input or some proprietary thing. If it's MIDI, you could just send it PC or CC commands from the FX8. If it's proprietary, you'd need some kind of interface between the FX8's relay outputs or MIDI output to convert the channel changes into commands that the Archon can use.

I have not seen details of the FX8's MIDI implementation yet, but in theory the answer would be yes...you'd embed your PC or CC commands in the click track and send them to the FX8 via the MIDI in. I assume it can probably process incoming PC and CC commands, as that's quite basic. With regard to controlling the Archon, not sure about that because I don't know what the channel switching technology is. I can't tell if the Archon's footswitch jack is a MIDI input or some proprietary thing. If it's MIDI, you could just send it PC or CC commands from the FX8. If it's proprietary, you'd need some kind of interface between the FX8's relay outputs or MIDI output to convert the channel changes into commands that the Archon can use.

From what I've seen, the FX-8 has a 1/4" TRS relay and I'm about 64% sure that the Archon uses 1/4" TRS cables to switch channels.

If this is the case, THEN THE FUTURE IS NOW!

Back
Top Bottom