Ok. I'll start Wish list

Me too, even though I really don't use amps anymore. I think churches will love this product. The other guitar player uses an AC30 which is setup in the back in a amp room. with this they would be able to get all the Rich effects that they covet from my XL. When its released I will try to get them to buy one, I know they will be sold once they get one. I go to different churchs when I'm not playing, to check them out and meet the different musicians in that church, they should let me do the Door to door sales with this thing. depending on the price, they could just take it out of their spending cash, boom sale. You know its going to sale itself just like the Axe-fx.

It would be cool if you could translate fx settings from Axe FX2 or XL to this unit minus the amp and cab block. Example: Have a an Axe FX2 with a specific preset for studio recording... then have an FX8 that you can "dump", (maybe via Axe Edit?) all special fx settings - the amp and cab block so you can use your amp in place of the simulations you used on the Studio. I guess in other words preset routing compatibility with the Axe FX minus the amp and cab blocks?? Sounds messy but a player with both units could benefit from this.

It would be cool if you could translate fx settings from Axe FX2 or XL to this unit minus the amp and cab block. Example: Have a an Axe FX2 with a specific preset for studio recording... then have an FX8 that you can "dump", (maybe via Axe Edit?) all special fx settings - the amp and cab block so you can use your amp in place of the simulations you used on the Studio. I guess in other words preset routing compatibility with the Axe FX minus the amp and cab blocks?? Sounds messy but a player with both units could benefit from this.

You can. FX blocks can be imported/exported from/to the Axe-Fx II.

Able to edit using bluetooth with my Ipad or phone like Eventides H9. Excited to see what effect are included, all the same as the Ax Fx?

Ruh-roh! I feel my pocket starting to get a hole in it...... !?!?!

Just don't put the money in that pocket. With a hole in there you will just loose all those money.. And then you don't have money for the FX8.. What a shame it would be...

I'm assuming FX8 will be able to run without an Axe-FX as well and just simply as a stand-alone effectsprocessor board instead of an Axe-FX effects "extension" board?

I'm assuming FX8 will be able to run without an Axe-FX as well and just simply as a stand-alone effectsprocessor board instead of an Axe-FX effects "extension" board?

It is completely independent from an Axe-fx. It is not an Axe-fx Extension board.

The FX8 is its own device. It does not need an axe-fx. That'd be very strange if it did need one. Did you read something that said otherwise?

It would be brilliant with a cab block, to send a DI signal to the PA !

i´ve read, it won´t feature any, though stil can´t believe it...can´understand why they keep it poor...are they afraid nobody´s gonna buy the axe anymore....?
also i can´t understand why it won´t feature the one or other loop, like the g System has...
seems they don´t really want to release the final tool...;-)
me - i´d really like to buy the final tool....;-)

Last edited:
My wish list for the FX-8 would be for it to have a cab block too, to be able to load an acoustic IR for violin type sounds using the synth(assuming the synth is included), also having the cab block would be nice to make a patch using the drives to have as a backup solution in case your tube amp dies at a gig, you could always plug the FX-8 direct to PA to finish the gig.

Do we have a list of compatible amps that the FX8 will be able to channel-switch?
Also, will it be able to engage other features on the amp, such as EQ, mode-switch, boost-switch, etc. provided that the amp has support for it in the first place? So that we will be able to completely replace the amp pedal with the FX8 PLUS gain effects and such as well?

Back
Top Bottom