OK, I'll start this off!

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
A few little ideas:

1). User-selectable options for the LEDs and how IA states are represented by them.

I would prefer "present but bypassed" IAs to be represented by an occasional red flash or maybe no LED at all. My presets are loaded with bypassed blocks that exist just in case I need them. So I look down and see a board that's almost ALL red, all the time. (see pic) Also of great help for the red-green colorblind. I understand that most people will like it just the way it is now, hence user-selectable.

2). User ability to choose which row(s) of IA switches get 'Reveal'ed with the Reveal switch.

I'm a singing/fronting guitarist, so I'm often singing and stomping at the same time. I find the first, front row of switches by far the easiest to hit accurately with my feet, so I'd prefer to put my Top 5 IAs most-used into that front row. Because of this, and because I really only use about 5 presets, I started running in 1 preset per bank mode, so I don't need to use Reveal at all to see the front row of IAs. Now I have to change presets with the up/down switches, which is a compromise and has led to another issue...

3). User-select pause length before auto-increment of parameter while holding down a switch.

During a set while in 1 per bank mode, I stepped on the 'up' switch and accidentially left my foot resting there a few seconds too long. Next thing I know I have no sound.. I look down and I'm on preset #38 or something, which is blank, because I only have 1-5 populated. Long, awkward gap in guitar while I took a moment to figure out what happened, and then scrolled it back down to the preset I wanted.

Attachments

• MFC.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 309
+1

I'm using the MFC-101 in the same way. I only use 3 presets which have all the effects in it (at least what is possible with the Standard Axe-Fx I have - running out of CPU). I'm in 1 preset per bank mode. I have a lot of bypassed blocks and my presets only have different amp blocks. The rest stays the same. So, for example, preset #1 is a Deluxe Verb with all the effects, #2 is the Marsha with all the effects and #3 is another amp with all those effects.

As you can't use the reveal button in 1 preset per bank mode, it would be nice to be able to use this switch as an additional IA switch.

+1000
I'm also getting blinded by red LEDs ;)
Right now, i switched to manual mode to avoid this, but then i lost the tuner funktion...
It would be cool to be able to decide for every single switch if it operates in manual or axe-fx mode... this way, we could still keep the tuner/preset names, and still use some buttons for manual fx on/off.

ultraknilch said:
+1000
I'm also getting blinded by red LEDs ;)
Right now, i switched to manual mode to avoid this, but then i lost the tuner funktion...
It would be cool to be able to decide for every single switch if it operates in manual or axe-fx mode... this way, we could still keep the tuner/preset names, and still use some buttons for manual fx on/off.

You can do this today. Set the IA AXE FX function for the switch to NONE.

evamatze said:
+1

I'm using the MFC-101 in the same way. I only use 3 presets which have all the effects in it (at least what is possible with the Standard Axe-Fx I have - running out of CPU). I'm in 1 preset per bank mode. I have a lot of bypassed blocks and my presets only have different amp blocks. The rest stays the same. So, for example, preset #1 is a Deluxe Verb with all the effects, #2 is the Marsha with all the effects and #3 is another amp with all those effects.

As you can't use the reveal button in 1 preset per bank mode, it would be nice to be able to use this switch as an additional IA switch.

I also use the 1 preset per bank mode., so currently the reveal button does nothing. I would like the reaveal buttin to be assignable to other things (ie jump to favorite preset would be great)

Back
Top Bottom