OK, I may be on the Henry J / Lacey Act Bandwagon

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
Henry Juszkiewicz: Repeal the Lacey Act? Hell No, Make It Stronger

I'm not the biggest fan of the man (insert Firewood X joke here), but this article he wrote is really well constructed and even more importantly makes a lot of sense.

I still don't know all the details and have my own opinions about how the reports of how things went down may have been reported with some creative license, but I'll never argue with logic and this is dripping with it in my opinion. Doesn't mean that something seedy didn't happen somewhere, but I like what he wrote here.

Henry Juszkiewicz: Repeal the Lacey Act? Hell No, Make It Stronger

I'm not the biggest fan of the man (insert Firewood X joke here), but this article he wrote is really well constructed and even more importantly makes a lot of sense.

I still don't know all the details and have my own opinions about how the reports of how things went down may have been reported with some creative license, but I'll never argue with logic and this is dripping with it in my opinion. Doesn't mean that something seedy didn't happen somewhere, but I like what he wrote here.
you know as much as I don't care for Gibson guitars, it is pretty screwed that they are the sole Target of the government. I don't see anything about Fender getting its wood seized. What about Yamaha? Any word from ESP? With so many other very successful guitar companies out there, it makes ya wonder what really did happen. But to be on topic, Damn that was very readable and simple to understand.

you know as much as I don't care for Gibson guitars, it is pretty screwed that they are the sole Target of the government. I don't see anything about Fender getting its wood seized. What about Yamaha? Any word from ESP? With so many other very successful guitar companies out there, it makes ya wonder what really did happen. But to be on topic, Damn that was very readable and simple to understand.

At Experience this year someone asked Paul in a Q&A about his thoughts on Gibson and the Lacey Act. He didn't really want to talk about competitors but simply put it "Listen - if you are speed and weaving out of lanes, you are going to get pulled over. If you drive the speed limit in the right hand lane there's no reason to pull you over". Its to my understanding that PRS has some of the BEST compliance requirements out of anyone far exceeding the governments requirements while other companies, namely Gibson, do not and like to hiss and snap at the hand of the government. Its happened a few times to them too, right?

At Experience this year someone asked Paul in a Q&A about his thoughts on Gibson and the Lacey Act. He didn't really want to talk about competitors but simply put it "Listen - if you are speed and weaving out of lanes, you are going to get pulled over. If you drive the speed limit in the right hand lane there's no reason to pull you over". Its to my understanding that PRS has some of the BEST compliance requirements out of anyone far exceeding the governments requirements while other companies, namely Gibson, do not and like to hiss and snap at the hand of the government. Its happened a few times to them too, right?
its happened before. I dunno if it has been more than twice though. It is also why it is good to reserve judgement until all the info has been brought out. You can't defend either side until all the facts are out. Sure one can look guilty as can be, but if facts say it is not guilty, well there ya go.

Back
Top Bottom