Not a Bug ok - I just made the jump to the dark side after 40+ years of playing thru every imaginable tube amp, you could name...

jazzcat

A buddy just bought a Kemper, and I finally said screw this - I'm sick of chasing tone, and of all the inconsistencies and idiosyncrasies of tube amps! I want to be able to just plug into something and get great TUBE TONE right off the bat, night after night, no matter where I'm playing. I settled on the FM3 as the best live performance modeler available, and just got mine in my sweaty hands yesterday! I couldn't wait to fire it up, but as I was scrolling through the amp models, suddenly POOF - they were all gone! No amps, cabs, effects... nothing. Now is this a bug? Or just an example of dumb-assery - which is not outside the realm of reason? However I have absolutely NO idea what I did, or how to retrieve them and repopulate the blocks. Has anybody here ever experienced this (very frustrating) phenomenon, and MORE importantly, can you tell me how to repopulate my FM3 with this information? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance...

Factory reset. It's in the manual. Good luck

Sounds like you may want to spend some time reading it to get a grasp on navigating the menus. Also watch Leon Todd's videos on YouTube....they will help get you started.

Also....using fm3edit and a PC is WAY easier to use than the hardware.

Last edited:
Are you referring to what you were seeing on your computer thru the editor software?, or directly on the unit? Before opening up the unit, post some pics here of what you are seeing.

If it is a new unit, don't open it up, send it back to Fractal if you can't get it going. It's a pain but you could void your warranty. What you describe is obviously not normal.

Last edited:
It was what I was seeing on the unit itself - not on the computer. I never connected it to my PC until this happened. I downloaded the drivers, and now my pc recognizes it, but I can't get the factory preset banks to copy onto it now. Don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Ahhhh... I wasn't using the Fractal Bot. Finally read that section of the manual. Looks like I'm getting 'em back now!
The manual is a necessary evil with these units....not like the old DigiTech days when you could just bang around on it and figure it out.

AAAAAnd - they're still empty. Says it transferred them, but there are NO presets on my FM3. I don't know WTF is wrong - I'm going to bed. Screw this.

After loading presets try going into Manage Presets and click the Refresh button (a circular-arrow symbol).

Back
Top Bottom