OK I don't know what you did to the power amp modeling in 18.12 but ...WOW

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
I updated to 18.12 last night so today just for shits and giggles I decided to run my Axe into the loop of my JVM today
I started with a blank patch,
Picked the Recto OR Vintage dropped an Eternal love pedal in front of it and a 10 band passive EQ at the end of the path
left power amp modeling on ( now my JVM has the Negative feedback mod done to it on a pot so I can turn it up , which I do),
ran it out to my Recto 2X12 cab.
Holy Shit, I may have to rethink my rig again, I don't know if it's the latest modeling , the power section of my JVM modded or a combination of the 2 , but damn
this is sounding , but more importantly to me "Feeling" way better than I can ever remember when running it into a power amp (and I've done this with several
high end power amps) and this is a 6L6 based amp model into an EL34 power amp.
I don't know what you did this time Cliff , but damn ....don't change a thing.
I'm on my way down to Matts Music to check out a "real" Friedman HBE, I'm going to have to do some
more experimenting this afternoon , since I have 2 very different sounding cabs to play with here so I can go back and forth
between Marshal based models and Mesa based models (which is what I always use when dealing with the real thing)
Nicely done Mr. Chase....nicely done.:)

Did anything change for power amp modeling in 18.12? Thought it was mostly bug fixes.

Edit: what version did you upgrade from? That could make a big difference if you upgraded from, say, 14.x to 18.x.

I just upgraded from 17 to 18.12 yesterday and only played it through my monitors. Now you got me thinking.... Gonna try it through my Matrix again and the 5150 III power SMTP section to see.
I have been playing 4cm live forever now...and haven't switched it up in at least a year.

I can tell you from owning a real Friedman BE100 that the axe model is spot on, and thats from a few firmwares ago lol. I actually bought the Friedman(which is now gone) because of the Axe FX

the first thing I did when I got home was dial in a HBE patch and a Small Box patch as close to how I had them in the store.
pretty impressive :)

I tried out the jj100 be100 smallbox and the dirty Shirley all at the same time and the dirty Shirley came out the winner. I prefer the axe to the real thing as well.

Back
Top Bottom