OK, getting closer

Assumer

Inspired
Hey guys. I am really close to taking the plunge but I have one question. I have spent many hours on youtube listening to clips. Most of them are heavy clips. I have heard some nice cleans here but not much on the youtube clips. Could you steer me or give input on the cleans possible with the AX FX? The cleans I have listened to have tons of effects.
Thanks

Look up Ketil Strand's "(R)evolution of Rock Guitar" series on YouTube. There's a whole range from clean to heavy tones.

Killer, indeed. Great playing, with an enormously wide range of styles and tones. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Cleans are very good- and my bench mark for clean is Mesa Dyne, or Lonestar in Fat mode. The Axe is for real.

When I got my Ultra I expected the heavy tones to be awesome and I was not dissappointed. However, I was more impressed by the cleans! So many options... you will not be dissappointed.

I gotta throw my 2 cents in. I have had my ultra for a very short time. The first thing is this forum is one of the, if not the best forum I have had the pleasure of being a part of. Second, You will not be disappointed with the Axe. I have had a few other modelers including the latest and greatest POD HD500. NO Contest! Dont get me wrong, I love Line 6 stuff but it was just not what "I" wanted. I pulled mine out of the box and was floored. Search Youtube for "racetra123". I have a couple of vids up there. There not as off the hook killer as the Ketil Strand or Mark Day vids but I did one of the first patch that you hear out of the box. Now, Once you get it and have wiped the ......Lets just say drool:eek: up, hook the midi up to your computer and check out some of the patchs that these folks have posted........It'll change yer life!!! There is some incredible stuff there.

OK I am rambling. I am really amazed at the power and flexability of this unit and what it can do. So will you.........Do IT!!!

Absolutely. I found the top boost cleans probably get you there.

For dirt I think the Brown is probably the closest.

I think the Euro Blue is "similar" to the Dyne Low Gain, the Top is close to the Dyne Clean, and Brown is close to the Hi gain on the Dyne. Now, i dont think reproducing the ED with the AXE is realistic- there is simply something magical about that amp- BUT, because there are so many options with the AXE, I dont find myself "missing" the Dyne.
If you are sitting on the fence about the AXE- just stop it and get one. Seriously. I weighed the idea of selling my board for at least a year....could have saved a year of time by just getting the AXE when I first thought of it.

I think the Euro Blue is "similar" to the Dyne Low Gain, the Top is close to the Dyne Clean, and Brown is close to the Hi gain on the Dyne. Now, i dont think reproducing the ED with the AXE is realistic- there is simply something magical about that amp- BUT, because there are so many options with the AXE, I dont find myself "missing" the Dyne.
If you are sitting on the fence about the AXE- just stop it and get one. Seriously. I weighed the idea of selling my board for at least a year....could have saved a year of time by just getting the AXE when I first thought of it.

Good call on the XTC Blue sounding close to vintage Lo on the Dyne. If you turn on the boost on XTC Blue it gets close to Vintage Hi as well.

I concur, if you are on the fence and have the means to pick one up, just do it. It will go a long way in curing your amp GAS.

I have had it I think a year now or atleast close and with all the crazy features I am finding new stuff all the time.

Currently I am just saving up and getting the Atomic cab. I know there are a lot of other options out there, but I do like the idea of my FRFR setup atleast looking like a guitar cab. Besides, good enough for Dweezil Zappa, more then good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom