OK another dumb question about footswitches

Stratman68

Axe-Master
I am talking about just the FM3-Can I set , say Footswitch 1 to Scene-toggle-1-2 and wrap...wait for it----GLOBALLY?
You may ask why. No.1 I only use a few presets and scenes. I am 99% in my home studio. I see I can copy and paste so is that my option?
Thanks

What do you mean by "globally"?

Buttons are defined in layouts.

Define the button in the layout(s) you want and then use it.

Wrapping doesn’t make sense with a toggle function. So I’m not sure what you’re trying to do.

What do you mean by "globally"?

Buttons are defined in layouts.

Define the button in the layout(s) you want and then use it.
I am trying to avoid things I may be able to get by without.
Here is what I wanted to do. Preset has 3 scenes. FS 1 toggles between 1&2. That works fine. Hold toggles between 2&3. Something of that nature. I guess I will have to dig into layouts. Seems like overkill when I only use 3 presets. I mean I do record other depending on the project I am working on. But mainly it will be the 3 presets with 3 scenes in each. Ext 2 is a dual switch which I will use for whatever. Ext 1 is an expression pedal.

ALso toggle between scenes 1&2 works but the scene name does not keep up with the fs? It is out of sync so to speak. FS 1 set to scene -toggle Primary 1 secondary 2
Right now I am using factory preset 59, which I will edit but I amusing it as a test default.
Scene 1 is Compclean. 2 is Crunchy 3 is Screaming.

This is why I stopped using toggles...because of the way it works.....out of sync select, at least in my Brain :)

Yes I guess I have no choice but my post #7 should work and it doesnot. The name of the scene, using ONLY fs 1 gets confused . Like after a bit it is on Compclean but the LCD says Crunchy?
By default the buttons show where you're going not where you are.

A recent change allows changing that.

From the manual I linked:

F455AA67-F611-4F65-AA90-009A4AAAA02D.jpeg
Edit: I highlighted the wrong option for what you want, I think. Use Current Name.

Wait a minite......so For Toggle it can now display current scene, NOT next ?
Is this part of 1.04b ?
thx

Wait a minite......so For Toggle it can now display current scene, NOT next ?
Is this part of 1.04b ?
thx
Pretty sure that was introduced with the FM3 and then added to the FCs for Axe Fx after, but not 100% sure. That's the the behavior I want so I don't use it.

OK I see. Because inc\decrease with wrap also does what I want to do. I was afraid of getting the FM3 because when I got my orig AXEfx, after my Ultra, I spent all my time learning and not playing. But graduating thru all the axefx's II,xl,XL+ I was ok. The ax8 came next and not much changed function wise, for me anyway. But I never had the III. So all of this is new and in all probability superfluous for me and my meager needs.
Hence I do not want to fall into the same trap but I guess I have no choice.
Thanks to all,

Unix, that page you just pasted......that from FM3 manual or FC ?
It works... Way to go Unixguy. I did it in FM3 edit. Under where you set the switches are the mini displays. They evidently default (in this layout I gues) to destination Name. I changed it, per UG, to Current name...COOL!

Neither. See the link I already posted... It's from the Footswitch Guide, which applies to both.
Right now I will use my simplified setup with toggle but I will put time aside everyday to read the manual and learn layouts and also channels. I mean I am retired so.......................Thanks for making my life easier :)

Back
Top Bottom