Oh what an Idiot I am

VeryBadMan

Experienced
I was really not getting what all the fuss was about the Cab models I " thought" I heard a difference when I selected different ones but Meh not so much ha ha ha

For the past week or so I've been happily dialing in tones making presets etc WITH CABINET MODELING OFF in global config never turned it back on after I tried going through my Mesa triple power amp

I turn that puppy back on and all my presets come to life and now I have to start all over again . This cabinet modeling thing is freaking huge .

Yep I am a Very Bad Man and you can all laugh and carry on while I fix all my presets

It is now ALIVE

Unfortunately, the Axe doesn't have the equivalent of a cockpit warning "pull up...pull up...pull up."

But, it doesn't have the same consequences, either. ;-)

I was really not getting what all the fuss was about the Cab models I " thought" I heard a difference when I selected different ones but Meh not so much ha ha ha
I once ordered an Ice Tea at Burger King. I took a sip and was like: "Well, that's a fancy Ice Tea". Twenty seconds later, I realised it was Coke and not Ice Tea. Placebo effect for the win. :lol

Lol. Reminds me of the time myself and a client spent about ten minutes tweaking the eq and compression on a kick to get it to sit nicely in the mix. Once we were finally happy, we realised that the eq/dynamics were bypassed. Doh!

Then there was the venue I was playing at where the p.a. was... Somewhat lacking in oomph. I look at the rack while my band is setting up. I look at the stage. I look back at the rack. I ask the sound guy where the sub was.
"Sub? We don't have a sub."
"Then why are you going through a crossover?"
Quick rewire, and the sound was fixed. The pa had been wired like that for a year and everyone was used to it, so suddenly my band sounded HUGE. Got an awful lot of free drinks from the bar that night...

Well its a testimony to how good the axe is because I was able to tweak and EQ my way to some really nice sounding presets without the speakers ON . Every thing got ALOT louder lol
now I have to go back and turn down the bass and readjust all the EQs and levels . Its a really good learning experience ;-)

at least you didn't do a huge review with them turned ON using a cab lol like someone I remember ;)

Played my first shows with the A2 this past weekend. First show on Saturday I power up the rack...nothing but a faint hum. Panic! Frantically checking pedalboard connections, front panel, rear panel...all looks good. Power off, back on...still nothing. Alright, let's take the guitar off and get our hands dirty. I reach down to unplug my Strat. Nothing but output jack.

It wasn't plugged in.

Back
Top Bottom