OH VXT + AMPG

NickCapp

Inspired
Working on some new material and I decided to pick up the OH VXT, 112DLXVRB, and AMPG cabinets after hearing awesome demos from @JustinYork. I am pretty pleased with the guitars, need to work on the bass some more. The drums are currently a place holder until I can get the material to a real drummer. Let me know what you think!

Thanks for checking it out. It's my first time really trying to get a full mix together in this genre and I felt like I'm heading in the right direction.
Definitely, it felt like you had the whole mix in mind when dialing the tones and that's a great mindset to have. Bass-wise I'd add in some presence or transformer grind to give it a little more cut but otherwise nice job for sure

Thanks, I'll try those changes! I find that most of the bass presets I've found on the forum are INSANELY complicated. On this clip I just took the citrus 200 into two OH AMPG IRs and got decent results, but knew that I needed to go more in depth to get it to pop.

yeah haha, most driven bass tones need a lot of processing to get em to sit right but i feel like the nature of this song you could get away with a really simple, clean patch for sure. the transformer grind parameter is definitely your friend in this case and adds just the right amount of top end to kill the dark tonality of the stock stuff

Back
Top Bottom