Oh The Joys Of Summer (say hello to my "little" friend)

shredi knight

Power User
Found this cute little guy in my kitchen last night:

1031215.jpg

It's a Wolf Spider and they always show up in our house in the Summer time. They always seem to show up in 2's, one or two days apart, and usually in the same room of the house. There was one in the kitchen the night before last that my son found and I told him then - "You watch, there will be another one within the next couple of days". Always two there are. No more, no less. :D

The picture of course is super close up. In reality they are about the size of a silver dollar. Too big for me though (I hate spiders). I also took this picture after I killed it. These spiders are tough. I gave it a good smack with my "Texas Fly Swatter", which is a novelty fly swatter that is about 3 times the size of a normal one, and the damn thing didn't look damaged at all. It's legs all curled up though, so I had to spread them back out and pose it so it would look like it was still alive in the picture (as you can see, his back left side leg wasn't cooperating). Very unnerving doing that when it felt like at any second it was going to start running around and scare the crap out of me (did I mention I hate spiders?). :)

Sweet Jesus!! Give a dude a warning next time! I just pissed my pants, screamed like a 5 year old girl, and forgot my name for 12 1/2 minutes!! I absolutely HATE spiders. Needles too. The only thing worse than spiders or needles is spiders WITH needles. Unholy creatures. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go find my happy place. :)

Sweet Jesus!! Give a dude a warning next time! I just pissed my pants, screamed like a 5 year old girl, and forgot my name for 12 1/2 minutes!! I absolutely HATE spiders. Needles too. The only thing worse than spiders or needles is spiders WITH needles. Unholy creatures. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go find my happy place. :)

Hey man, all you did was see a picture. I'm the one that had to deal with two of these things in as many nights (and the first one was even bigger than the one in the picture)! :D;):D

Apparently the Wolf Spider that I just found hiding under some dirty dishes in my kitchen sink didn't get the, "Always two there are. No more, no less" memo.

Holy f-ck, that scared the crap out of me!

If you turn him over and it has USMC on the belly, then he walked from TX to OK for the visit. If it says PETA, he is a stow-away from CA. Shoulda treated him better.

Cool pic!!

Last edited:
we get some whoppers here, I swear one of em was playing my strat last week. Had a snake in a couple of months back...not good

I have two windows downstairs that always have a spider living in them. I leave them alone because they catch other bugs. They are pretty small. I never really bothered to examine them up close and just hope they aren't something particularly nasty.

We did have a wolf spider in our kitchen last night though which was the first time I've seen one in our house. Coincidence?

That one did meet up with the wife who has a zero tolerance policy on non paying inhabitants of our humble abode.

We had all kinds of bugs in nam-scarey snakes also-but they didn't bother me so much. But I agree, spiders, for some reason just freak me right out-hate em.

Got introduced to the Wolf Spider when I was down at my friends in NC a few years ago, freaked me out a bit. Didn’t go screaming like a little girl or anything like that (but if I felt cornered I probably would have) but the heart beat increased a bit. Considerably larger than the ones we have on Long Island and just very intimidating looking. And pretty F***ing fast.

Brought back old fear, when I was 10 my friends older brother had a tarantula (I could not tell you what type) well these seventeen and eighteen year olds though it would be funny to put the tarantula on us starting with me. Grabbing me holding my arm out and putting it on my arm, I remember pleading with them not to do it and their girlfriends also telling them not to do it. Long story short I guess it sensed the fear or whatever and bit down into my 10 year old arm. To my memory it hurt like hell but maybe it was also my fear amplifying the pain. One thing that was not amplified my arm blew up a bit. The kicker: my friends brother the owner of the tarantula went out for a few min’s his friends were just waiting for him, he never would have let it happen if he was there.

The moral of the story, yeah I am a little uneasy around spiders that remind me of tarantula’s and I HATE bullies!!

But I am a bit bigger now :mrgreen so I don't have these problems anymore.

John

Not to steel your thunder Shredi, Spiders I can deal with but when you step out your front door and find one of these at your feet it's a little different.

298535_255955594447674_1778702488_n.jpg

A closer look... Here we have the Northern pacific Diamond back rattler... Small but a painful if not deadly bite with out a doubt. This little guy was lying less than 2 feet from my bear foot when I stepped out my door a wile back.

DSCN1123.jpg

Did a lake gig (in TX) about a month ago.. we we playing on the "upper" deck. It wasn't until we were packing up at the end we noticed the two Tarantula's along the back wall. Bought the size of my palm (4 inches).
I kicked one off the deck.. they brushed the other off w/ a broom.

d206-Tarantula.jpg

Ok I admit it,I can't kill a spider,I usually put a cup over them and slip a piece of paper under and put out side, unless my wife finds it first.

Found this cute little guy in my kitchen last night:

1031215.jpg

It's a Wolf Spider and they always show up in our house in the Summer time. They always seem to show up in 2's, one or two days apart, and usually in the same room of the house. There was one in the kitchen the night before last that my son found and I told him then - "You watch, there will be another one within the next couple of days". Always two there are. No more, no less. :D

The picture of course is super close up. In reality they are about the size of a silver dollar. Too big for me though (I hate spiders). I also took this picture after I killed it. These spiders are tough. I gave it a good smack with my "Texas Fly Swatter", which is a novelty fly swatter that is about 3 times the size of a normal one, and the damn thing didn't look damaged at all. It's legs all curled up though, so I had to spread them back out and pose it so it would look like it was still alive in the picture (as you can see, his back left side leg wasn't cooperating). Very unnerving doing that when it felt like at any second it was going to start running around and scare the crap out of me (did I mention I hate spiders?). :)

I expected it to look like this...

Attachments

• wolfspidy.jpg
    wolfspidy.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 8
i don't kill spiders either, unless its a sydney funnel web, and I have access to a big stick. I have only come across 2 in my life but those guys are just psycho

Back
Top Bottom