OH SVT 410 & Mills 214 ROCK!!!

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
So my friend Justin York just shot me a sound clip using IR's in beta now that about took my face clean off. Make sure you turn the little volume controller up on the embedded forum mp3 player there on the left, because this straight up KILLS!!!

This is using a single IR (nope, not a mix, just a single M88 file) from the "410-BASS AMP-SV" cab (upcoming very soon) for the bass, and a mix IR from the upcoming "214-GTR" series for the guitars. No, that is not a typo, its something new and extremely cool, if I am allowed to say so.

Bass amp and guitar amps were Axe-Fx II, firmware 18.xx.

Thanks a million to Justin!!! :)

Follow instructions: right turn up volume.. done... press play... yes... nice... very nice... why did it stop? Press play again... yes very nice still... needs a verse... oh it stopped again. Press play...ahhh nice tones... but some bridge now? Oh it stopped again. Grrrrr.

fret needs the whole song... not some little sample.

Follow instructions: right turn up volume.. done... press play... yes... nice... very nice... why did it stop? Press play again... yes very nice still... needs a verse... oh it stopped again. Press play...ahhh nice tones... but some bridge now? Oh it stopped again. Grrrrr.

fret needs the whole song... not some little sample.

Sorry for the partial song, Fret. :) It was just meant to be a quick clip to showcase some sounds I've been having fun with lately. It could be cool to finish it out though and see what happens. I'm glad that it made you want to listen to it multiple times. That's awesome!

I, good sir, would humbly request that you give us a little more insight into your bass tone. I'm not asking for full frontal here, but what kind of gear are you using? What type of chain? What types of hardware/plugins? If you would... kind sir...

I, good sir, would humbly request that you give us a little more insight into your bass tone. I'm not asking for full frontal here, but what kind of gear are you using? What type of chain? What types of hardware/plugins? If you would... kind sir...

Sure thing, kind sir. The bass tone is actually nothing too crazy. I used a Fender Jazz bass on the neck pickup, drive block with some tweaks to the fat rat model (around 30% wet/dry level), SV bass model, into one of the new OH SVT IRs. Direct out of the Axe-FX into my Apogee Ensemble and that's it. No plugs on the bass channel. Just a little mastering on the 2 mix to glue it all together.

Not the "full frontal" description, but hopefully enough to get you in the ballpark if you like the tone. :)

Sounds really good Justin. That is one of the best Bass tones I have heard come the Axe fx. I bet if you were to toss on a bitof compression and pull the mids up touch and add in pitch block set to detune with a low mix rate maybe around 9% you could pull off some cool Flea licks.....just sayin you are in the ball park already.

sounds awesome, JustinYork. both bass and guitar. What guitar did you use, and what Axe-Fx II amp? That power chord at the end sounds great.

sounds awesome, JustinYork. both bass and guitar. What guitar did you use, and what Axe-Fx II amp? That power chord at the end sounds great.

Thanks man! I'm glad you liked it. For guitars, I think I used a Hagstrom Viking Deluxe Tremar with Lollar Imperial pickups and a PRS Custom 22. I have a small rack of 4 or 5 "go-to" guitars that I cycle through to audition sounds, and I'm pretty sure that's what I ended up using.

For amp sims, it was a combination of the Atomica High and the Recto 1 Red Modern.

Back
Top Bottom