Oh...Rock Star

Miles Kennedy taking the lead vocals role at the end of the movie. He's done a lot since then with Alter Bridge and Slash. Plus he's a helluva guitarist.

When I 1st saw this I thought for sure Zak did over dubs with guitar. Come to find out I guess he did not. Did not know about this band before movie. One of my favs.movie.

I love this movie...I lived in Toronto during the mid to late 80's and this movie is a mirror to what what going on there at the time... the height of spandex, large hair, hair extensions, neon colored pointy guitars and all of that....good times. My friends liked to hang at a club called "Rock And Roll Heaven", the premier place for all that was leather, studs, and hair at the time. When I watch "Rockstar" that club, and those times, are all I can think about....the memories come crashing back...

I'd hang out there long enough to have a few drinks until I felt like 'cleansing' myself at The Gasworks, a club and scene I liked a lot better....more gritty, down to earth, and better bands IMO.

I remember seeing a post movie interview with Aniston and Wahlberg (I can't find it now). For whatever reason this was way after the movie so they had already finished with press in support of the movie. They were acting like they were embarrassed to have done that movie. I'm sure that genre wasn't their cup of tea personally, but they really played their parts well.

A surprisingly well done movie about those times for sure. \m/

Back
Top Bottom