Oh...Rock Star

electronpirate

Axe-Master
I had the opportunity tonight to watch that ode to 80's excess 'Rock Star'. After MANY years since I saw it, I was surprised that this was an excellent movie. It had all the sillyness of the lifestyle that Metal Heads in that day took it...it was going to last forever.

I'd forgotten the litany of musicians in there. Zakk, Bonham, (was it Dokken's bassist?), Stephan Jenkins (Third Eye Blind), and I had missed Myles Kennedy as the 'takeover' at the very end. I'm sure there are more...

Someone give me an amen.

R

I love that movie. I remember reading that the live shots were actually shot at a show where Steel Dragon opened up for Megadeth. Pretty neat.

Ralph Seanz (aka Michael Star of Steel Panther) has a small roll as one of the guys auditioning for the band right before Mark Wahlberg (Izzy) auditions.

Didn't know this!

Like I said, I'm sure there are plenty of cameo's here that I don't know about.

FYI I love the credits where the crew punk's Wahlberg with the 'Marky Mark' stuff. For some reason he doesn't look like he has a sense of humor about it...

Amen! Great flick and great tunes. Wasn’t it either Jeff Scott Soto or the guy from Steelheart on vocals?

I think they both did some vocals for it. BTW - Jeff Scott Soto still has some amazing pipes. Saw Sons of Apollo a few weeks ago and he sounded amazing.
Love that movie though....

I was totally surprised at how much I enjoyed it back in the day. The movie turned me on to Steel Dragon...hadn't listened to them prior to it.

As I remember, it was VERY loosely based off of the saga surrounding Judas Priest and the fan who jumped in after Halford moved on.

I say loosely because I think it was a (relatively) amicable parting. And Halford had just come out as well.

I had the opportunity tonight to watch that ode to 80's excess 'Rock Star'. After MANY years since I saw it, I was surprised that this was an excellent movie. It had all the sillyness of the lifestyle that Metal Heads in that day took it...it was going to last forever.

I'd forgotten the litany of musicians in there. Zakk, Bonham, (was it Dokken's bassist?), Stephan Jenkins (Third Eye Blind), and I had missed Myles Kennedy as the 'takeover' at the very end. I'm sure there are more...

Someone give me an amen.

R
Yep, Jeff Pilson, Dokken's bassist was in the movie. Great flick, it really captured the craziness of the time.

Hey thanks for letting us know about that - really enjoyed it
Pauly

Someone give me an amen.

R
Hey

Back
Top Bottom