Oh Reverb...sometimes.

electronpirate

Axe-Master
I'm unloading my LP. I spend more time with my Telecaster these days, and while I have deep like for it, it's not love. Takes awhile I guess to get to that point. It sounds great, it plays great, but there is still some symbiotic thing when you truly bond with a guitar...and we just don't have it. Sigh.

So I've put this up on Reverb. My main problem is the STOOPID low counters that people throw at you just plain piss me off.

After the 5th one (offering $1200 for a $2200 guitar), I countered with $1400 and $1000 shipping. Even if I can't go Three Stooges on them in person doesn't mean I can't do it via the interwebz.

R

You can tick a box to automatically reject lowball offers. I’ve forgotten what the threshold is; say 60% and lower. You won’t even see them.

I've sold a few items on there in the past couple of years, and I have the same grief as you. Hard to believe some of the "offers" are actually serious. Almost feel insulted by them sometimes.

I've sold a few items on there in the past couple of years, and I have the same grief as you. Hard to believe some of the "offers" are actually serious. Almost feel insulted by them sometimes.

Almost?

It must work sometimes, or else it wouldn't be thrown out there with such regularity. I suspect there are plenty of 'I need to make rent' folks out there that bite on silly counter-offers that so many give it a shot.

After I posted this, I had a quick email argument with another nimrod who told me just how wrong I was on my pricing. Current policy is now to delete and/or ignore any of these bargain hunters.

I'll wager that those lowballers are just looking to pick up gear on the cheap that they can then turn around and sell...

A few nights ago someone purchased a pedal i had on Reberb and then requested a refund by the morning.
Comment field only said "sorry"

I got a little miffed at first then realized he did me a favor by giving me a fresh start on a pedal that was sitting up there more than 60 days all out of bumps.

Back
Top Bottom