OH Public Beta Redux! (more free stuff)

It's kind of funny that you say that in a post where he's giving away FREE IR's...

In a country of FREE SPEECH, we are free to give our own opinions. MY opinion, is that OH IRs sound great, but are pricing themselves pretty high, after starting out for $3 each. MY opinion is that they are too high, so I will buy somewhere else. I will keep my original OH IRs because they sound great and were a great value. MY opinion. If you want to spend $25 per cab, go for it.

Technically, these are under $20 with frequent buyer discounts...but I respect your opinion.

Last edited:
On a different note, I think my question got lost. To Kevin or someone who knows, is this the relative mapping of old to new naming convention?

Modern = British Modern
Classic = British Vintage
Balanced = US Modern
Vintage = US Vintage

On a different note, I think my question got lost. To Kevin or someone who knows, is this the relative mapping of old to new naming convention?

Modern = British Modern
Classic = British Vintage
Balanced = US Modern
Vintage = US Vintage

No direct correlation; totally different capture methodologies and totally different sounds.

v2.0 Voicings:
- Balanced
- Classic
- Modern
- Vintage

v2.1 Voicings:
- Brit Modern
- Brit Vintage
- USA Modern
- USA Vintage

The v2.0 voicings in the 412-GTR Bog 12M-RI will be phased out and replaced in a future update. The next library and on will use v2.1 voicings.

FWIW, v2.1 voicings are actually quite a bit more work. Not ideal for me given how time consuming this all is in the first place (when I have no R&D (which I've been in for the last 10 months), probably 150-200 hours per library), but I think they sound better and more diverse, so I think it's worth the extra time in the long run.

Reactions: Fro
FWIW Kevin, the V2.1 freebee is totally awesome. It will be well worth the money for IRs this good. People will pay for quality. Always have, always will. But I preach to the choir.

Thanks again for the teaser.

finally got around to trying the USA LNL Irs's today.
My usual goto on my Mark IV patch is the OH Recto 4X12 V30 (the stock one) and the Cali 4X12 with the R121 on it. I swapped out the OH Recto cab with the LNL USA Vintage and .....Instant balls
these two are a good mix on the USA Lead amp sims. try it out.

Last edited:
MY opinion, is that OH IRs sound great, but are pricing themselves pretty high, after starting out for $3 each. MY opinion is that they are too high, so I will buy somewhere else. I will keep my original OH IRs because they sound great and were a great value. MY opinion. If you want to spend $25 per cab, go for it.

If I had not had the chance to play both the new beta and the 12M, I might agree with you. But, for me, these cabs are worth $25 apiece. They really turn the AFX2 into a new and different beast. For me, I tend to design guitar sounds around a handful of favorite cab/speakers, rather than using a little of everything. I can see how someone who wants/needs 50 different cab/speaker models would find the price prohibitive.

Kevin, my main concern with your flurry of advancement over the last six months or so is that the OH brand is getting a bit blurry. From revision to revision, I have a hard time keeping up with what's what, since the positioning categories keep changing dramatically. For me, the v.2.1 modeling is more than good enough to start getting a more complete library built up.

I hope I will follow all of this updates.. because still for me is a jungle out there with so many links, upgrades, ...
a bit confusing for a guy with not so many tehnical skills.. but still eager to have them ( IR's ) all from Ownhammer.
.. and a personal Q for you Kevin:
you quit sending emails to the ones that subscribed to your site for receiving news about your products..? ' cause I know I accepted to have your newsletters for upgrades or new products..?
Best of luck to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"OwnHammer_412_Bog_V31_SM57_Brit-Vintage-4" + Axe "BRIT SILVER" = IM IN LOVE !!!
Awesome IRs, I can't wait for the full sets !!!

I was on headphones with this setup, sound is so great !!! I tried the LnL but of course they are "very dark" for headphones usage.

FAS crunch + Brit Vintage 5 ==WOW!!!!!!!!
this IR sounds great recorded , but surprisingly also sounded really good through my RCF as well.
I am going to have to try blending the LNL brit vintage with this and see what I get :)

Last edited:
OH,

Thank you again (as many have already commented) for the testers. I look forward to some great sounds.

Lee

FAS crunch + Brit Vintage 5 ==WOW!!!!!!!!
this IR sounds great recorded , but surprisingly also sounded really good through my RCF as well.
I am going to have to try blending the LNL brit vintage with this and see what I get :)

I tried and liked a lot for AC/DC tones. I tend to use the Brit Silver for tones "à la" GnR/Slash.

JCM 800 + Bit Vintage 7 is making me happy right now. It sounds great for recording and live. Love it!

Excellent, glad all of the varied voicings and options are playing nice with your FAS gear!

A quick aside for those who have been VERY patiently awaiting the upcoming Mesa cab library, sampling started this week, and I just threw together a very quick and VERY dry little bounce of it in action:

KsE - TEoH 320 kbps mp3

And here's a quick snapshot I took earlier in the week when I was doing the SM57 captures:

oh-mes-v32-sm57-small.jpg

The guitar track signal chain was:

Jackson KE-2 -> EMG 85 -> Pacifica -> AD/DAW -> DAW/DA -> Creative Audio Labs MW1 -> Bodenhamer Bloody Murder -> Egnater M4 w/ Jaded Faith Mods Snakebite -> Chandler TG Channel -> AD/DAW -> OwnHammer IncendoSphere Power Amp -> dual send to SM57 Brit Modern 1 and R121 Brit Modern 1 with R121 -6 dB from SM57 -> Out

It'll be a while before I can front the coin for a Dual Vandergraph, so, the mix is totally bone dry across the board as far as buses are concerned, just a volume maximizer on the master.

Looking forward to cranking out the full libraries for everyone with all the new capture methods! Now, back to nabbing more sweeps... :)

Awesome Kevin.

Was the 12M-RI library finalized and published or is there still some more to come for it?

More to come. That first library seems to have served the role of both crash test dummy and the unicorn I chased until I finally had everything down just how I wanted it. Now that I have that, I simply can't justify spending yet another month on it again before getting to something else, not when what is there sounds great as is. Though not something I would normally do, I am going to hold off on working on that library for a little while, knock out a few others, then rebuild it from the ground up again hopefully for the last time.

The last six months have been rough to say the least trying to narrow down and hone all the options to an ideal balance, but starting with this Mesa cab it looks like the worst is now behind me and it will be smooth sailing from here on out. :)

They will be coming "very soon."

Sorry I couldn't resist.

But I do plan on buying these new IR packs once AE2.0 is available.

Back
Top Bottom