OH Public Beta Redux! (more free stuff)

Nah I've gotta' change my strings before any serious recording happens again. I've had a few down days. Also, I've got acoustic treatment on it's way from Acoustimac (scored an insane deal on some clearance 4" traps), so I'm super stoked to be deep cleaning and re-organizing my studio once the gear arrives. 8 bass traps altogether. 3 for my corners (3 corners), 4 for my ceiling/wall joints in front/behind and on both sides, and one in front of me on the wall in between the stereo field of my speakers. I'm pretty freaking stoked right now.

USA vintage LNL mixed with the RW basketweave G12M25 (with the R121 on it) on the Friedman HBE is Marshall heaven :)

So, are people using mics in the cab menu on the Axe2 with these? OH, what do you recommend? Setting mic to "none"?

To put a mic on a miced cab, would be like putting a mic in front of a studiomonitor to capture the sound of your miced amp.... Or a wedge. The wedge thing happens for us AX users ;)

>>Have Live n Loud been released for the G12M-RI library yet, or are the only Live n Louds the 4 from the Beta Redux release?

They're there in the Standard G12M-RI set - I see them now - just needed to d/l the latest.

Last edited:
>>Have Live n Loud been released for the G12M-RI library yet, or are the only Live n Louds the 4 from the Beta Redux release?

They're there in the Standard G12M-RI set - I see them now - just needed to d/l the latest.

I just downloaded right now and I still can't find them. Maybe I've got an old link or something. Also, is "Modern" equivalent to "British Modern"?

I just downloaded the latest link to these and I don't see them either????

I know this post will probably get flamed, but to each his own. I bought the earliest OH IR's when they were $3 each ! He was very helpful in extending the sale price to purchase the complete IR library until I returned from a fly gig, and I was very grateful. But $25 PER cab !? and NOW people are thinking "what a deal" !? Thank you for what you did for me, but for $25 a cab, I'll do business somewhere else... guess I'll get the rest of the Redwirez library.

I know this post will probably get flamed, but to each his own. I bought the earliest OH IR's when they were $3 each ! He was very helpful in extending the sale price to purchase the complete IR library until I returned from a fly gig, and I was very grateful. But $25 PER cab !? and NOW people are thinking "what a deal" !? Thank you for what you did for me, but for $25 a cab, I'll do business somewhere else... guess I'll get the rest of the Redwirez library.

Are you one of those that think that everything on internet should be free?
How much do you get paid per hour when you do a job?
Do you have any idea how much effort and time Kevin has spent on this cab, and all the hours spent on learning/developing skills and money spent on equipment?
I have no connection to Kevin personnaly but please start to use your brain!
Thanks!

Well, haters gonna' hate. Personally, I don't mind paying $25 a cab for these IRs. It's a bit steep, but they sound ridiculously awesome. As in, better than any IR I've used thus far. I don't have the capability to create IRs for the foreseeable future, and if I ever do it's probably going to cost me an ass-haulin' amount of money to make them. By the time I finally get around to a stage where I'm creating IRs, I'll probably play my axe-fx II through a power amp and speaker cabinet and record that tone, so I won't be using IRs. So... whatever.

So, are people using mics in the cab menu on the Axe2 with these? OH, what do you recommend? Setting mic to "none"?

Try it and see how it sounds, if you like it, use it, if you don't, set it to none. "Normal" usage of the files would be to set to none.

Questions about Live-n-Loud files for the existing 412-GTR Bog 12M-RI.

The LnL's on the site now are a few revisions old. This past week I recaptured them in the new way and naming structure (same as the public beta redux), and am working on compiling, naming, converting, etc. The current revision files should be on the site next week, you can check the bottom of the product page for the date the library was updated, and there is a link in bold red to the change log/update history. When that updates to a current date, the new files can be downloaded from your accounts. As said before, the Live-n-Loud subset is exclusive to the Standard Series version of the library. There is an upgrade path from WAV to STD on the site that brings in that, the Studio Pro subset, and all files in Nebula format if these additional features are desired. Any questions on this and how it relates to your account, EMAIL ME, don't post to this thread - I won't answer here.

Have a good weekend guys! :)

My only question is when will we start to see the V30s rolling in? I want to throw more money at you as though I'm some sort of fiend. :D

And I am willing to take that kind of assault for you! :lol

As soon as I finish up and release v2.0 of the 412-GTR Bog 12M-RI, I'll be starting on v2.1 (the voicing structure displayed in the public beta redux) of the 412-GTR Mes V32 (Mesa Recto 4x12 w/ stock English V30's) and 412-GTR Bog V31 (Bogner 4x12 w/ stock Chinese V30's), as well as the SYX-n-WAV EQ Filter Pack.

I must admit at $25 per cab I won't be buying many. I look at the price per amp model from The Amp Factory (Kemper amp profiles ~$8 ) and think they are fairly priced. IMO $25 per cab seems rather high for IR's.

Are you one of those that think that everything on internet should be free?
How much do you get paid per hour when you do a job?
Do you have any idea how much effort and time Kevin has spent on this cab, and all the hours spent on learning/developing skills and money spent on equipment?
I have no connection to Kevin personnaly but please start to use your brain!
Thanks!
It's kind of funny that you say that in a post where he's giving away FREE IR's...

In a country of FREE SPEECH, we are free to give our own opinions. MY opinion, is that OH IRs sound great, but are pricing themselves pretty high, after starting out for $3 each. MY opinion is that they are too high, so I will buy somewhere else. I will keep my original OH IRs because they sound great and were a great value. MY opinion. If you want to spend $25 per cab, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom