Oh okay, NOW I understand PRS!

My old band gets together every now and then, and the bass player insists that I play his ‘77 LP Custom. It’s a killer guitar but it has to weigh close to 11 lbs. I can stand for maybe 15 minutes before my back starts spasming (is that a word?). He’s going to be upset when I show up with an HB, because no one else plays that Lester; it literally lives under the bed unless I play it.

Tell him to sell it.

katl1muag8ysedrwqara.jpg

Sweet 2007 SC250 on the 'Verb.

https://reverb.com/item/47485786-prs-sc-250-2007-satin

I tried this in the SE Custom 24-08 thread, but this may be a better location...

So I'm looking at an SE Custom 24-08. Would there be a reason to do these upgrades on a new guitar? Is there a drop in the quality of these components from the core guitars to the SE line?

From the ad: Upgraded pots(volume, tone), new pickup selector toggle switch, new output jack, new wiring (custom super high quality CTS and Switchcraft)

btw - Here's a pic of the guitar. It's a beauty... (Not like @Hellbat 's, but still.) ;)
00d0d_STFVOjEhQMz_07K0ak_1200x900.jpg

My experience is the SE line lacks in the electronics department. Pickups, pots, wiring, jacks,
and switches are a good upgrade.

Can someone tell me what the difference is from a 245 to a 495? Been casually considering an LP style guitar. Was looking at the new Gibson Standard 50's/60's but for about 1K less I could get something like a PRS S2 495 etc

Can someone tell me what the difference is from a 245 to a 495? Been casually considering an LP style guitar. Was looking at the new Gibson Standard 50's/60's but for about 1K less I could get something like a PRS S2 495 etc

.094" lol.

The 594 will have a fatter neck with pattern vintage as well. 2pc bridge vs wraptail.

They're different guitars.

I might be mistaken...I'm not a huge PRS expert. But, I think the 245 is SE-only and it's a 24.5" scale length. The 594 is 24.594" scale length and only in the Core and S2 lines. The 245 has a flat top as opposed to any kind of carve and no maple cap. The necks are also different, and the 245 has a wraparound bridge as opposed to the bridge and tail piece being separate. I believe it also doesn't have coil splits.

They're different guitars.

I might be mistaken...I'm not a huge PRS expert. But, I think the 245 is SE-only and it's a 24.5" scale length. The 594 is 24.594" scale length and only in the Core and S2 lines. The 245 has a flat top as opposed to any kind of carve and no maple cap. The necks are also different, and the 245 has a wraparound bridge as opposed to the bridge and tail piece being separate. I believe it also doesn't have coil splits.

They had the S2 singlecut (which I have) and there was the core model SC250 and SC245.

The 245 has a flat top as opposed to any kind of carve and no maple cap. The necks are also different, and the 245 has a wraparound bridge as opposed to the bridge and tail piece being separate. I believe it also doesn't have coil splits.
My SE 245 has a simple, slightly convex carve with a nice solid mahogany single piece top. Super comfortable neck. Nice and light, too. Fantastic guitar.

Modded it to swap in series/parallel switches on the tone pots and a phase switch.

Best "Les Paul" I ever played....

My SE 245 has a simple, slightly convex carve with a nice solid mahogany single piece top. Super comfortable neck. Nice and light, too. Fantastic guitar.

Modded it to swap in series/parallel switches on the tone pots and a phase switch.

Best "Les Paul" I ever played....

Nope. The SC-245 was part of the core series for several years. Prior to that was a gap, and then there was the original series which had the wrap-around tailpiece.

Interesting. I've only seen the new ones.

I, like the OP, kind of wrote off PRSes for a long time, so I'm not nearly as familiar with their history. That brown 245 is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom