Oh okay, NOW I understand PRS!

Now my wife has me looking at the SE HB II w/ piezo. And yeah, another beautiful PRS that sounds great! But the wow factor for me is the weight; under 7 lbs? My back would love that. The 24-08 already is so much better than my Gibsons in tone and weight, maybe it’s time to let them go?
I've been tempted to add a PRS to my collection. Is the 24-08 the one that costs 1200$CAD? If so, I think this may be the one. Great price and if it's as good as reported here I may be able to get rid of a few guitars that haven't been getting much love lately.

I've been tempted to add a PRS to my collection. Is the 24-08 the one that costs 1200$CAD? If so, I think this may be the one. Great price and if it's as good as reported here I may be able to get rid of a few guitars that haven't been getting much love lately.
The one I got (Eriza Verde) is $929 US, so that sounds about right.

They do make fantastic guitars. Had a McCarty for a couple years which was definitely the "best" guitar I've ever owned as far as fit and finish. It just felt like a top tier instrument. That being said, I preferred my "inferior" Les Paul Standard to it, so I sold, or traded it actually. This year I got back into the PRS camp when I finally picked up a Silver Sky. Now that one, I'm never selling. I had looked long and hard for a Strat that I could make sound like a Strat, and that's the one. Most of the Fenders I've owned or played have felt great, but could never quite get that Strat sound I was looking for. As soon as I played the SS, that was it. It's just an amazing guitar at a reasonable price relative to what you get. Far cheaper than a custom shop anyway. I know they got a lot of flack when it came out, but I think they really hit it out of the park with that one.

I had looked long and hard for a Strat that I could make sound like a Strat, and that's the one. Most of the Fenders I've owned or played have felt great, but could never quite get that Strat sound I was looking for.
I'm pretty sure you are setting up some weird paradox here stating you can't get a Fender Strat to sound like a Strat! :p:guitar: :eek:

I know what you mean though, you just want something that out Strats a Strat!

TBH, Fender's Strats with the noiseless pickups of any gen don't sound 100% like a Strat,
But yet, it's a Fender Strat... :eek: :p
iu

Great guitar! congratulations!
One thing is certain, for my part, my wife loves the guitar but does not jump for joy when the fever rises and the only remedy is this guitar!
For some reason that seems vital to me, it's just a little cold for her !!

So I think I found the perfect cure, two shots, the first dose of PRS McCarthy and the second dose of PRS custom 24 to prevent symptoms, not to mention AX fx 3 and additional Cliff updates to stay healthy!

Special thanks Paul, Cliff, and especially my sweet wife who supports me in this incurable passion!

I'm pretty sure you are setting up some weird paradox here stating you can't get a Fender Strat to sound like a Strat! :p:guitar: :eek:

I know what you mean though, you just want something that out Strats a Strat!
Lol. Yeah, I get it. To clarify, what I meant was couldn't get any actual Fender (that I've played or owned) to sound like a Strat you would hear on recordings, or at least the one's I like. To be fair, the likes of John Mayer, Hendrix, SRV, Frusciante, Mike McCready and others all have or recorded with vintage Strats for the most part. Your modern American standard, professional, elite or whatever production run sound like a Strat, just not like a vintage Strat I guess. I've never played or owned an AVRI, American original or custom shop. Obviously something like that would come a lot closer, but I find no need to look any further since the Silver Sky sounds great while having the added bonus of the fit and finish PRS is known for.

Back
Top Bottom