Oh. No.

@Rex interesting. Looking at those cases though, without being able to carry 2 guitars I might as well just dust off my hardshell cases. Not much gained with a single guitar case in terms of trips to and from the car to warrant yet another case purchase.
@iaresee Say that three times real fast—with one of those hardshell cases in your left hand, and the other one strapped across your back, and your other miscellaneous guitar gear clenched between your teeth—while you're walking across the parking lot. ;)

Seriously, though, I get what you're saying. But beg, steal or borrow a polyfoam case for a couple of gigs, and you might change your mind.

As for fit, you pretty much have to put your guitar in it and see. Look for good body and neck support (at least two places that hold the neck). Look for firm but gentle contact with the bridge and fretboard when you close the case—no leveraging or flexing of the guitar when you close the case. Make sure the body is captured sufficiently that, no matter how the guitar slides back and forth in the case, the headstock never touches anything. It's even better if the guitar can't slide at all. Finally, button up the case all the way, and shake it along all three axes. You want little or no clunking about.
BTW, the above fitting guidelines go for any type of case.

Bummer about your guitar Ian and such a nice guitar at that! I have been looking at hollow body guitars as of late and I always am hesentent because of how delicate they are. If I did pick one up I would have to go with one of these SKB cases... This one is specifically for the PRS hollow body!

@Sixstring that's a lot of case! They do come with nice, tight fighting cases, from the factory. I'll probably just go back to that.

Looking like Tuesday now before I take the guitar in to the shop. Wife cracked a tooth this weekend so I'm on kid duty this morning while she goes to the dentist. Life is never boring, that's for certain...

@Sixstring that's a lot of case! They do come with nice, tight fighting cases, from the factory. I'll probably just go back to that.

Looking like Tuesday now before I take the guitar in to the shop. Wife cracked a tooth this weekend so I'm on kid duty this morning while she goes to the dentist. Life is never boring, that's for certain...

Yes, it is a lot of case but it's even more guitar! I understand you want to be super efficient for load in and load out but there are some things you just don't want to half step and a good case for a fragile guitar is not one of them.

Man, I thought I was bummed when I found a pencil tip sized chip out of my CT6's finnish, I would have gone into meltdown if I had dropped it and had that kind of damage.

Sorry to hear about the wifey's tooth I know what's thats like I had one taken out by a Carl's Jr $6 burger a few years back. Good news was it was a wisdom tooth so it just got pulled anyway. Post pic's of the fix after it's done!

Bummer about your guitar Ian and such a nice guitar at that! I have been looking at hollow body guitars as of late and I always am hesentent because of how delicate they are. If I did pick one up I would have to go with one of these SKB cases... This one is specifically for the PRS hollow body!

Those are nice. If you don't mind the bulk and the weight, it's hard to find better protection—if the fit is right.

It's baaaaaaaaack!

I picked it up from Gary Brawer's shop on my lunch hour. I am way more than pleased with what they were able to do to stabilize the top and repair the damage. You can still see the damage on the top but it's glued well and there's some clear filler so it's actually smooth to the touch and follows the contour of the rest of the top. The side of the guitar is really well done. You can hardly see the hairline repair in regular light and it's completely smooth to the touch.

So, I'm a pretty happy guy again and if anyone in the The Bay Area needs their guitar worked on Gary and his crew will continue to get my high praise.

These pictures are slightly less gory. :)

@iaresee I'm glad your baby is back in your arms, all safe and sound. And now it gots more mojos in it than before! Play her well.

That's fantastic. I went back to the photos from the original post and they did a great job. Bet you're glad to get it back and resurrected!

Back
Top Bottom