Oh. No.

iaresee

Administrator
Remember that time I said I loved my Mono Dual? Well, turns out a 5 foot fall out of the back of a van isn't something it can protect a hollowbody guitar from.

No clue if this can be stabilized. I love this guitar. I sure hope so. :(

(Some NSFW language in my Instagram posts)

Ian, so sorry to hear this. I have a great luthier who could make it right as rain- Jay Kolanda in Nashville. Former Gibson PRO (not consumer) Custom Shop guy, he's fixed far worse for me.

Great guy, super talented and super reasonable.

Brother I'm very sorry to see that. Thanks for posting it though as I've been debating about ditching my hard cases.

Brother I'm very sorry to see that. Thanks for posting it though as I've been debating about ditching my hard cases.
I was getting nonchalant. If you're careful, a Mono bag is fine. I just didn't pay attention packing it in and it rolled out during load out.

Far from as bad as this but I went to sell my SG to a friend of mine, and took it out of the case when I got there and the headstock was broken in half. Still sold it though- he gave me $250 for it and he got it fixed.

Far from as bad as this but I went to sell my SG to a friend of mine, and took it out of the case when I got there and the headstock was broken in half. Still sold it though- he gave me $250 for it and he got it fixed.

there are those that say it's not truly a SG until the headstock has snapped off and been glued back on again ;)

Last edited:
Knowing how many Gibsons exist in this world with a headstock repair is the only thing giving me hope that this can be filled and stabilized and live to play another 10000 gigs.

Ouch! Is that a PRS? You may want to contact their tech center for an estimate. They aren't cheap, but I've heard only great things about their repair work. Whatever you do, best of luck.

Ouch! Is that a PRS?
Yes. Hollowbody Spruce.
You may want to contact their tech center for an estimate. They aren't cheap, but I've heard only great things about their repair work. Whatever you do, best of luck.
I'll keep this in my back pocket in case Gary says it's un-save-able. Thanks!

Reactions: TFC
geez Ian, what a bummer...I'm going back to miami to give my Hollowbody II a hug and tell her I missed her, and will keep her in her hard case.

Ouch. I hope you're able to revive it Ian!

I've gotten in the habit of using a PRS gig bag just because it's easy to carry on my back with my AX8 bag in one hand and cables bag in the other... but this makes me really want to start using my hard cases again.

Back
Top Bottom