Oh myyyyyy...

Anyone know anything about these they want to share????

I believe that's a Xitone 1x12 passive wedge to Wallimann's spec.

PS I really like Wallimann's video. This one in particular is cool b/c it's like flipping through IR's :0)

It's active...

Yes and so it is. I saw the matrix amp off to the side but didn't notice the blue light going off and on, nor did I read the title of the video.

In any event, the emphasis is on "Xitone" and "Custom". It is powered by an internally mounted Matrix GM50 unless things have changed:

Check out this link : Xitone 1x12 X24
"XiTone Active 1x12 Wedge a.k.a The Wallimann
Features:
Constructed with void-free 3/4" plywood
Eminence Beta 12CX Coaxial drivers
Matrix Amplification GM50 Amplifier Module
Steel Grille
Rubber feet
Steel carry handle
LineX Brand coating for maximum durability
Parallel Signal Input at front edge of wedge
Parallel Power Input and switch at front edge of wedge
Switchable 3db pad for tweeter
Switch to toggle tweeter phase in or 180 degrees outConstructed with void-free 3/4" plywood
Eminence Beta 12CX Coaxial drivers
Steel Grille
Rubber feet
Steel carry handle
LineX Brand coating for maximum durability
Mono/Stereo operation
1/4 input jacks
Recessed tilt foot for approx. 25-30 degrees of tilt"

Last edited:
Question:

If I slave a passive cab to an active cab is there a way to make it in stereo or do I need two separate active cabs?

I may be ordering a Xitone Active 1x12 wedge in Ferrari Red (if it's available in that color lol) in the near future.

You would need two cabs that are powered by separate amps or stereo channels either built in or not.

One active cab with a mono amp slaved to a passive cab is still mono.

That video did it for me. I ordered the passive version to upgrade from my EV ELX112 that I currently power with my Matrix amp. Getting a custom color blue grill, too.

Idk, this or the Matrix Q12A? This sounds awesome but Matrix are a better known company and the price is about the same but I do prefer that this is actually a wedge. Hmmmm... thoughts anyone?
My TSAlto115A is simply not keeping up with the good 'ol RCF haha time to replace

And I see they're already available for purchase on the Xitone page...

Idk, this or the Matrix Q12A? This sounds awesome but Matrix are a better known company and the price is about the same but I do prefer that this is actually a wedge. Hmmmm... thoughts anyone?
My TSAlto115A is simply not keeping up with the good 'ol RCF haha time to replace

And I see they're already available for purchase on the Xitone page...

Price is higher for the Matrix. I was quoted at $1166.00 (shipping included) and would likely have to pay a duty since it's coming from outside the USA. $40-$60.

So basically $1200 vs. $900. I can buy a lot of stuff for $300, but let your ears do the deciding!

Hmm... dunno, laney cab and and the atomic? From my understanding the atomic is known for being a bit tubby and who uses a laney cab?

I'd like to have seen at least one high-end PA monitor in this comparison like a JBL or EAW for a better reference. For all I know, this "mystery" cab is just a typical monitor.

Back
Top Bottom