oh my... hearing only mono in new interface

Gorilla

Experienced
Hello. I have the Axe Fx II mk.I
I've never had this problem before, but I bought a Focusrite Scarlet 212.
And when I plug my headphones into my Axe Fx... I hear stereo, but when I plug them into the Focusrite.
I only hear mono. I have my i/o output 1 set to stereo. There's no app for this scarlet 212. I go out my axe fx by xlr's . They're correct into the scarlett.
But still I only hear mono in the scarlett. I know this looks like a focurite problem. But am I skipping something with my axe fx II outputs?

Thanks

Hello. I have the Axe Fx II mk.I
I've never had this problem before, but I bought a Focusrite Scarlet 212.
And when I plug my headphones into my Axe Fx... I hear stereo, but when I plug them into the Focusrite.
I only hear mono. I have my i/o output 1 set to stereo. There's no app for this scarlet 212. I go out my axe fx by xlr's . They're correct into the scarlett.
But still I only hear mono in the scarlett. I know this looks like a focurite problem. But am I skipping something with my axe fx II outputs?

Thanks
Maybe the interface only can monitor in mono? Had the same problem with a Steinberg UR22.

Try to record in your DAW.

Yeah thanks! I just figured that out. Well, I'm bagging this back up and taking it back. It can't link the two inputs as stereo.

Can they be recorded simultaneously to two different tracks and panned hard L/R? Or can the inputs be panned on the interface itself?

Yup that interface can record 2 separate tracks but they are dead mono when monitoring. This has been the #1 issue with this interface on this forum.

Thanks guys for replies. Yeah I took it back and grabbed a different brand that can link the two inputs and more :) Happy camper again!

Back
Top Bottom