Oh man... Brit 800 #34 (had to stop playing and swap my pants)

Played with this model yesterday. Amazing lead tone . Instant guns n roses.

EDIT> more noodling tonight. So so good. It's like an awesome hot rod plexi that needs little to no work done on it.
I was using my Charvel with JB and 59 pickups. The neck pickup is glorious.
I stuck a drive in front of it to give it an extra dimension when I wanted it but I didn't even bother "Dialing it in" and literally just turned a couple of knobs willy nilly and left it....still sounds amazing.

Last edited:
Been playing all day with this amp. It's pretty amazing. It sounds good on all of my guitars with no tweaks.
Any tips on how to make it sound a little more 'metal' though? It sounds great but I'd like to add in a mean tinge to sound.
I also think it needs a tiny bit of bounce

Also this amp reacts strangely to wah wah pedals....

Last edited:
Sounds good for sure.

Looks like I might have a replacement for the FAS Crunch model I've been using instead of Marshalls since (pre-Quantum) version 7 :)

Brit 800 #34 kinda replaced my favorite british flavored amp from Friedman HBE and BE. and I thought I would never say something like that, ever! great amp.

It's great for bass too.

I stumbled across this amp while working on my Trace Elliot presets and almost soiled my pants.

It has a nice type of grind.

No don't do it!

....he did it.

I'll admit, I've spent the last few days jamming to guns n roses songs using backing tracks from YouTube. I REFUSE to do sweet child of mine though.
I wanna learn the ending of coma and locomotive.

I read this is the one that he used on Use you illusion rather than appetite?

Played with this model yesterday. Amazing lead tone . Instant guns n roses.

EDIT> more noodling tonight. So so good. It's like an awesome hot rod plexi that needs little to no work done on it.
I was using my Charvel with JB and 59 pickups. The neck pickup is glorious.
I stuck a drive in front of it to give it an extra dimension when I wanted it but I didn't even bother "Dialing it in" and literally just turned a couple of knobs willy nilly and left it....still sounds amazing.
Tried it after reading your post. You're right. It truly is a pleasing response and sound. Too much gain ruins it though. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if someone handed slash this amp model or maybe plugged it in without him knowing he would say it sounds better than his sig amp...

I use the Brit #34 for my ZW tone. Just updated to 8.02 a few nights ago. No Usb problems so far. Actually updated everything... Played with the 5150 block with TV AX Green cab. Got real close to the Balance tone. Used Dream Is Over as a reference.

I used this model for my bands cover of Stompa tonight. The other guitar player came over after the song and was like "So, what amp model was THAT?" I gave him the full backstory on the #34 that I knew and he said he loves when guitars and amps have stories behind them. He's a total tube head but I see the lusty looks he gives my Axe FX at practice. :)

What cab did you use?

Brit 800 #34 has become my goto amp as well - so nice!
So, this is a bit embarrassing - I thought I knew, but I don't.

I thought I set it up to use the Marshall Mode Four (https://www.cabir.eu/en/uk-collecti...se-cab-ir-library-marshall-mr-mode4v30mf.html) for one guitar and the CB71 for the other (https://www.cabir.eu/en/uk-collecti...se-cab-ir-library-marshall-mr-cb71g12m25.html), but when I re-checked the preset, it turns out that I was not using the CB71. I used something else. Then I changed it, and now I don't remember, what I actually used. The ModeFour was one of them though.

Love the Brit 34.....no trouble cutting through the mix with it at all! If you want a slightly smoother but similar tone, try the splawn od. To my ears it’s similar in dynamic but a little less harsh.

Back
Top Bottom