• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Oh man... Brit 800 #34 (had to stop playing and swap my pants)

DropTheSun

Experienced
Yep! Took a little while until i took this Amp model a spin. I usually play with 5150, Mesa Engl... etc. Modern high gain amps. But today i wanted to rock on with some Marshall sounds and remembered this Amp sim.

So i just opened an empty preset and added amp (Brit 800 #34) and cab (ML TV) . Those together even without tweaking sounded really good. Then i raised the MV to 7.5 and bass, mid, treple somewhere around 6.

Added graphic EQ in front of the amp (thanks @FractalAudio for this tip a while ago) and raised the mids with it.

The core tone was there and the Amp is screaming buttery smooth! WOW WOW WOW! Instant love!

After this i only added a tape delay and hall reverb in the end of the chain with really low mix.

Simply the best Marshall tone, that i have ever created and it took about 10 minutes to make it. How cool is that!?

Ps.
I made all the tweaking with my iPad using Fracpad. Awesome tool! Highly recommend it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarick

Experienced
Funny I was just playing this amp last night and thinking this morning it might sound better with a mid boost EQ out front. Where did you read that? I'm wondering if there's any more info along with it.

DropTheSun

Experienced
This amp is also really tight and clear sounding. I don't even have OD in front of the amp which i usually like to add in my rhythm tones. This thing can do metal easily as well.

cnaufel

Experienced
Yep! Took a little while until i took this Amp model a spin. I usually play with 5150, Mesa Engl... etc. Modern high gain amps. But today i wanted to rock on with some Marshall sounds and remembered this Amp sim.

So i just opened an empty preset and added amp (Brit 800 #34) and cab (ML TV) . Those together even without tweaking sounded really good. Then i raised the MV to 7.5 and bass, mid, treple somewhere around 6.

Added graphic EQ in front of the amp (thanks @FractalAudio for this tip a while ago) and raised the mids with it.

The core tone was there and the Amp is screaming buttery smooth! WOW WOW WOW! Instant love!

After this i only added a tape delay and hall reverb in the end of the chain with really low mix.

Simply the best Marshall tone, that i have ever greated and it took about 10 minutes to make it. How cool is that!?

Ps.
I made all the tweaking with my iPad using Fracpad. Awesome tool! Highly recommend it!
What are the pre-EQ values you used?

Inspired
I need to give this a shot!
Probably with a Les Paul as a few of you guys seem to be raving about it, haven't tried it yet.
My favourite Marshall so far has been the 1970 Plexi, darker and not so raspy/scratchy as others, though I think I did monkey with it and stick 6L6 power tubes in it. Try this model as well see if you like it, and I'll give this #34 a go.

geetarman

Inspired
Yeah the Brit 800 is a great preset. I put the Zen Master drive in front of the amp and had fun for quite a while.

Last edited:

novato77

That's the amp i've used since 2 weeks, and i love it. No 5150, no VH4, just an 800.Cut the mix so easy, and without a drive in the front too. In rehearsals with the band it sounds where it has to sound. A discovery! And we don't play pop or rock music, no, metal music.

Azael

Experienced

Simply the best Marshall tone, that i have ever greated and it took about 10 minutes to make it. How cool is that!?

Ps.
Preset will be awesome!!

ByTheHandOf

Inspired
The Brit 800 and the silver have also become my go-to's lately, though I've always been more into Mesa's and Engl's than Marshalls.
Master at 10 or so, input somewhat low (adjust to taste) , and it really seems more responsive that the 5150's I usually play! I advise you put an 808 block with level cranked to 10 in front of the amp, which in think gives a more dynamic sound.

don_joe

Experienced
The Brit 800 and the silver have also become my go-to's lately, though I've always been more into Mesa's and Engl's than Marshalls.
Master at 10 or so, input somewhat low (adjust to taste) , and it really seems more responsive that the 5150's I usually play! I advise you put an 808 block with level cranked to 10 in front of the amp, which in think gives a more dynamic sound.

Funnily, I've rediscovered the 5150 block with 8.01 (although I like the Brit 800 too, but for different purpose). 5150 can be responsive, I've found a new compressor setting recently and now it's my amp to go for high gain. This Brit model again is spectacular. Like I said, it works best for me with neck pup and although I like high gain, I spend 50% of the time playing with it, the sounds just come out from the soul. :)

TakaraGold

Experienced
Loaded the ML TV cab, the Brit 800 #34. Added a ts808 with gain at .90 and level on 9. Then the GEQ pushing some mids. I can't stop playing. Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom