OGD! This One's a Beauty, and Boy Can She Sing!

gigawatt

Experienced
This is the girl I've been waiting for since September, aww you're in for a treat. It's OGD! Old Guitar Day :D! Under the hood she's got EMG pickups; 81 bridge and 89 with coil tap in the neck position, both running at 18 volts, a perfect combo for the tone of the sum of this guitar's parts (and will be forever). Scratchy EMG 25K pots (this is normal), "Original Schaller" tremolo, Grover Jackson tuners (damn, I forgot to take a picture of that), and dual exaust! Lets cut to the chase huh? The be all end all of artistic expression, computer aided design by yours truly and paint and artwork by Mike Wolfe of Wolfe's Airbrushing. You want to know what this guitar is made of? So would I, so we took this chainsaw and cut her in two! Oops... that's my other job. Titled; EXTERMINATE! She's a combination of Doctor Who (my fav show) and War of the Worlds (my fav movie) in that the Daleks (the aliens) are attacking London with an assault from the likes God has never seen! Much in the way that she sounds, aggressive!

Last edited:
Right, sorry about the wait, I have to do this on my phone. Ok here she is:

image.jpg
Note one Schaller button and one Flush Mount Dunlop. :confused:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I could really use someone's help. I need to downsize these 2 pics to appx 200 x 200 pixels for use as an avatar. Can any of you do it and post them back here? I'd really appreciate it as my Mackbook has crashed and nothing but the internet is working marginally. I looked for resizing sites but the only one I could find that does URL photos is Ezgif.com and it won't load properly. These pics were all loaded here from my phone. Thanks in advance :).

image-jpg.48424

green-spark-strapped-resized-jpg.48283

Last edited:
Would you believe she was originally a Silver Sparkle, the only Sparkle I don't like. After that she was a white girl ;), she was pretty then :). I hope I can get back into my Mac for those two pictures o_O.

Any Dr Who reference warms my heart.

Nice!

Alright, another fan!!! I've been watching since 1978 on PBS! Well except when they went off the air for a brief period. Hey Doctor, can you help me resize those two pictures above so I can use them as avatars? Is your username referring to DW?

Last edited:
Funny story, I used to teach recording engineering at the college level. My nickname as a player was Bonkers due to certain mad scientist tendencies around musical gear and technology in trying to push things past what the usual user would do with them. My friend called me Dr Bonkers in class one day and it kind of followed me ever since. So when it came time to be online and also to start a business creating IR files, www.drbonkerssoundlab.com, it only seemed all too logical to keep the name.

I never made the connection between DW and DB, but it seems to work. My recording environment is painted in Tardis Blue and I do have a Tardis license plate on the door entry. I never made that connection before even at a sub conscious level, which I thank you for that.

See if these images will work for you.
exterminate.jpg

green_sparkle.jpg

@gigawatt , did the resized pictures work for you?

Ugh... Sorry Doc, been having intermittent issues with my Mac, looks like i'm prolly gonna need a new one :(.

I tried to use one as an avatar but the forum wants a computer file not an image address, so I've been trying to figure out a work around. BTW thanks much for doing that, I really appreciate it. I'll figure out some way to use them. At least I know they're not going anywhere ;).

Ugh... Sorry Doc, been having intermittent issues with my Mac, looks like i'm prolly gonna need a new one :(.

I tried to use one as an avatar but the forum wants a computer file not an image address, so I've been trying to figure out a work around. BTW thanks much for doing that, I really appreciate it. I'll figure out some way to use them. At least I know they're not going anywhere ;).
Right click on the image address and download the smaller file.

Right click on the image address and download the smaller file.

I can't "right click" I'm using a Mac ;). I also can't download anything right now cuz something in my Mac crashed, all I have is internet, and an iPhone. Thank God for that...

I can't "right click" I'm using a Mac ;). I also can't download anything right now cuz something in my Mac crashed, all I have is internet, and an iPhone. Thank God for that...
Sorry about that. If can help further, let me know.

But I bet they sound sweet!

Funny this part of your post didn't appear the first time I saw it. Well, one sounds sweet the other sounds sour, refuses to play sweet shit, he'd blow the balls off a charging rhino at 40 paces. ;) I just gave away which one if you've been following along. ;)

Another new guitar.....

Dude, did you just win the lottery or something?

Last edited:
Another new guitar.....

Dude, did you just win the lottery or something?

LOL, OGD means Old Guitar Day, I've had it for almost 20 years! Just got er back from a friend where she's been stored since last September. Been through several changes, you didn't read the OP did you? for shame... :p

Back
Top Bottom