OFM9G Layout

If OFM9G is loaded, does it replace the other 9 layouts? And if so, is it the only layout, or are there other blank layouts?
Yes it replaces them. There are only 9 layouts. There may be a blank layout within the OMG set, the documentation would show that. Regardless you can still customize anything because all layout sets are a starting point.

Yes it replaces them. There are only 9 layouts. There may be a blank layout within the OMG set, the documentation would show that. Regardless you can still customize anything because all layout sets are a starting point.
Hello Chris, where and how to import and load the OFM9G layout
into my FM9? Please tell me as I'm a newbie in FM9 editing issues.

It's on page 104 of the FM9 Owner's Manual. For future reference, there's a search button in the manual that will instantly take you to any topics, so a simple search for OFM9G will get you there as well.

On the front panel, press E for setup, Enter the FC menu, Page Right all the way to Layouts, Nav to the layout you want and press Enter.

can anyone tell
On the front panel, press E for setup, Enter the FC menu, Page Right all the way to Layouts, Nav to the layout you want and press Enter.
Hi Chris, so im looking, I don't see a familiar load OMG9 like Id see in a FM3, here only a list of layouts 1-8 id expect to see a load OMG9 layout, help me out here, I'm guessing FM9 has not added the simplified loaded layout like MF3 or am I missing something? Cheers...

can anyone tell

Hi Chris, so im looking, I don't see a familiar load OMG9 like Id see in a FM3, here only a list of layouts 1-8 id expect to see a load OMG9 layout, help me out here, I'm guessing FM9 has not added the simplified loaded layout like MF3 or am I missing something? Cheers...
Page right all the way. Keep pressing page right. It’s in the same spot as the FM3.

Are you using a different fw version?
Hmm, appricate your response tonight, for me not FM3 OMG9 layout imo. still have (scenes) (effects) (bank +1) instead of ~ and tuner no longer is available... Guess I need to program my own layout.

Hmm, appricate your response tonight, for me not FM3 OMG9 layout imo. still have (scenes) (effects) (bank +1) instead of ~ and tuner no longer is available... Guess I need to program my own layout.
Sounds like you have the presets layout active. The tuner is on the Scenes layout in the default OFM9G configuration.

I appreciate everyone's responses, think I'm just in same boat as @ShaqJamin on this thread, https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-omg9.177950/page-2 I really don't see any difference between "LoadFactoryDefaults" & "LoadOFMG9" I'm guessing I need to spend some more time, I'll probably just redesign the layouts so they are more like they were with my FM3+FC6=OMG9 I just loved that config, I liked the hold to increment/decrement presets, having dedicated buttons for that is ok I guess but defiantly not like it was, also the Tuner was on the default layout holding preset mode, its not doing that though easily fixed by just adding it to the bank down or up, that's what's so cool about this you can make it anyway you want..
Cheers,

So fyi, when I load the ofmg9 or default I do not get this, there is no preset mode only (Bank+)
My take on the whole setup is different and probably my own fault as the unit very granular, I got to say the far left 3 buttons under the display imo should have been "Presets, Scenes, effects" then the other 6 buttons on the right side would be the of the FC6, guessing no one really cared for the OMG9 in the dev team to recreate this layout in FM9 hardware which unfortunate imo. Would have been awesome for me (and anyone that migrated from a FM3and FC6) to just load it like my FM3 did.. Oh well... tears... lol.

So fyi, when I load the ofmg9 or default I do not get this, there is no preset mode only (Bank+)

Either it didn't load correctly, you are already in Preset mode, or you have absolutely no clue what you are doing. I'm not sure which. :p

Press the Scenes or Effects button. Do you now see a Presets button now (top right)?

My take on the whole setup is different and probably my own fault as the unit very granular, I got to say the far left 3 buttons under the display imo should have been "Presets, Scenes, effects" then the other 6 buttons on the right side would be the of the FC6, guessing no one really cared for the OMG9 in the dev team to recreate this layout in FM9 hardware which unfortunate imo. Would have been awesome for me (and anyone that migrated from a FM3and FC6) to just load it like my FM3 did.. Oh well... tears... lol.

What's to stop you from configuring it that way? You can just drag/drop the buttons where you want in the editor, or use cut/copy/paste to copy a button from one layout to another. The OFM9G layout just uses the first five layouts IIRC (I'm not at the FM9 now).

I had an FM3 and FC6 and the was a nice configuration for those units. I kind of like having Scenes, Effects, and Presets on the top right now that I have used it a bit. I did make a few customizations (after I pick a Preset I have it automatically open the Scenes page, and I rearranged some the FX buttons), but the OFM9G layout was really close to what I wanted the way they have it configured.

I had an FM3 and FC6 and the was a nice configuration for those units. I kind of like having Scenes, Effects, and Presets on the top right now that I have used it a bit. I did make a few customizations (after I pick a Preset I have it automatically open the Scenes page, and I rearranged some the FX buttons), but the OFM9G layout was really close to what I wanted the way they have it configured.
I really like the OFM9G layout as well, although I did make a slight change to the top three switches:
  1. Since I always boot up in Presets mode, the three switches on that layout are Scenes, Effects and Tap Tempo (with Tuner on Hold)
  2. When I choose a preset, layout links automatically opens the Scenes layout ... so on that page I changed the top left switch from Scenes to Presets. Since I'll never use more than six scenes, I'll only need to get to Presets or Effects from there. If someone wants to access more scenes, it's easy to use one of the switches on the bottom as a toggle to another page of scenes.
  3. On the Effects layout, I show Scenes (with Hold for Presets) at the top left. The Effects switch will take me to Effects page two. On Effects page two, the same effects button takes me back to Effects page one.
  4. On every layout, this gives me the Tap Tempo and Tuner always at the top right, access to Presets, Scenes at the top left, and Effects in the center.
Hope this makes sense. I'm stoked about how well this works for my purposes. Nothing difficult to remember and lots of flexibility just a click or two away. There is some real genius behind the design of the switching here!!!

Back
Top Bottom