OFM9G Layout

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
Somewhere, either in this forum and/or in Leon Todd's videos, I recall hearing something about setting up your FM9 with a layout download that essentially set four scenes, a bank-up and bank-down, preset, tuner, and tap tempo. I think the layout was named OMFG9, and the FM9 could be programmed by simply switching something from normal layout view to OMFG9 in global parameters, or thereabouts.

Has anyone else comes across this recently?

Thanks. I did find Leon's video that mentioned OMFG9 and setting up one's layout from the FM9's navigational FC Controller from a downloaded OMFG9. I've not seen the OMFG9 layout download anywhere other than Leon's and this video, though...

EDIT: Apparently, the OMFG9 layout is apparently preloaded into the FM9, but just requires toggling-on in FC Controllers within the FM9 itself. I'll be watching for others who will use this feature and can perhaps provide info how the layout works, and what folks can do to tweak it to their specs.

Last edited:
I show it briefly at 9:30. I plan to do a video specifically on the layouts soon. Details are also in the owners manual.

Chris , i know that it set up a bit different on FM9 but can you show how to set up Matts original OMG9
w the bottom left presets , scenes Fx. And the right 6 buttons used to populate , i really like that FM3 FC6
config

Chris , i know that it set up a bit different on FM9 but can you show how to set up Matts original OMG9
w the bottom left presets , scenes Fx. And the right 6 buttons used to populate , i really like that FM3 FC6
config
you could just drag to swap the switches to where you want them using Edit.

Thanks. I did find Leon's video that mentioned OMFG9 and setting up one's layout from the FM9's navigational FC Controller from a downloaded OMFG9. I've not seen the OMFG9 layout download anywhere other than Leon's and this video, though...

EDIT: Apparently, the OMFG9 layout is apparently preloaded into the FM9, but just requires toggling-on in FC Controllers within the FM9 itself. I'll be watching for others who will use this feature and can perhaps provide info how the layout works, and what folks can do to tweak it to their specs.
Yes, this layout is available, pre-programmed, in the FM9. It's very similar to OMG9 on the FM3. As for how to tweak it to your specs, that's heavily dependent on your specs. :)

Last edited:
See the funny thing is I was gonna start a thread asking what people thought OMFG9 stood for. Like…

Oh My Fractal Goodness 9

Actually I was looking into it and it’s actually not OMFG9 like I thought I was hearing. It’s OFM9G. At least according to the manual. :)
This more likely the real way it's said. I had thought I'd heard both, and had not yet checked the manual.

I think you nailed the OMFG9 part. Anyone care to take a shot at OFM9G?

I tried to be funny once with something a little more daring, and got banned. Remind me to not try to take too many chances this week. Srsly. The adult in me was on vacation that day and something went awry. Lesson learned.
Yeah, I thought long and hard about how close I could come to the line without crossing it.

Will it be possible on the FM9 to
Fully customize a layout? For example:
Three preset switches, three scenes switches and maybe 3 effects/amp controls with a few hold functions assigned throughout for various things!

Will it be possible on the FM9 to
Fully customize a layout? For example:
Three preset switches, three scenes switches and maybe 3 effects/amp controls with a few hold functions assigned throughout for various things!
Yes that’s been possible since the FC was launched and is what the FM3 and FM9 switches are based on.

Back
Top Bottom