Offspring Axe-Fx Rig Rundown

I think it was Mark Day this time. :)

This is actually quite a coincidence. I haven't played Offspring in years but just this week I played "Self Esteem" and "The Kids Aren't Alright". I used be a huge Offspring fanboy... you know.. when people bought CDs. Aww man that must sound like I'm old for most kids here. :lol

I hear you there Mr.SL, I have been around long before offspring. I remember when that song came out. IMO, the best time
in the history of music. Good Times, we need to get back to that, instead spending all out time on here messing with tech shit,lol.
Yeah right, I'll be here regardless, lol. I do wonder what the average age is, of the users on here is.

Sorry to necro-post this one, but I just saw them live last week and their sound is really awesome! Its just huge and gritty and perfect punk rock. I watched this video a few times trying to figure out what their settings are, and it turns out it was posted on the Premier Guitar website article that accompanies this video!

premierguitar.com/articles/22510-rig-rundown-the-offsprings-kevin-noodles-wasserman

Apparently is a Friedman BE100 / or HBE 100 for dirt, and a bassman for clean. And now you know. :)

Does any one know if they made the switch to axe fx III's or are still using II's?

how are the connections and settings made from the ax8 so I have my rig the same way? ax8 to board and ax8 to poweramp and to real cabs? how do I do that?
How do I set the simulation of cab on to board and off to go to real cabs?
I suppose running this way the tone from FOH is completely different from the real cabs right?

thanks

how are the connections and settings made from the ax8 so I have my rig the same way? ax8 to board and ax8 to poweramp and to real cabs? how do I do that?
How do I set the simulation of cab on to board and off to go to real cabs?
See the SETUP: DIRECT + REAL AMP & CABS section of the manual.

And the answer again: Uuuummmmmmmm I have no idea whats going on in that black box you would have to ask my guitar tech. And again I wonder when someone from Fractal does come out what's the procedure. Is it, can you make that box sound like this amp and cab? Or is it can you make that box sound like what I got going on on the mastered CD? Would really like to know what goes down at one of these sessions.

I'm sorry, I think did not know how to express myself. What I'm trying to figure out is about power amp settings on global menu, how set on to foh and off to real power and speakers
Ah, now I see. Power amp modeling has to be either on or off. It can't be both at once. I recommend turning it on, because then the audience hears a truer amp tone. I don't think you'll find that objectionable from the stage. If you use a neutral, solid-state power amp, you might actually like it a lot.

I'm sorry, I think did not know how to express myself. What I'm trying to figure out is about power amp settings on global menu, how set on to foh and off to real power and speakers
thanks man .
You think it's this way that offspring does live?, send direct to board and out 2 to real power and cabs ?

I dont know if here it is the righr place to post this question.
my rig is 2x12 cab (vintage 30 / gt75), crate powerblock (just for power). I already got a great tone straight to foh. Now I've been trying the great tone by out2 through the cab and power. no success at all. very harsh. trebly.even annoying . What am I missing ?? thank you

I dont know if here it is the righr place to post this question.
Maybe in a new thread. ;)

my rig is 2x12 cab (vintage 30 / gt75), crate powerblock (just for power). I already got a great tone straight to foh. Now I've been trying the great tone by out2 through the cab and power. no success at all. very harsh. trebly.even annoying . What am I missing ?? thank you
Your FOH tone is great. I'm assuming your 2x12 cab has done well for you in the past. That suggests that the problem is...the Powerblock. It has a few knobs on it that could change your tone drastically.

Last edited:
Maybe in a new thread. ;)

Your FOH tone is great. I'm assuming your 2x12 cab has done well for you in the past. That suggests that the problem is...the Powerblock. It has a few knobs on it that could change your tome drastically.
I run in effect loop return of powerblock, so the pre amp on powerblock is bypass

Back
Top Bottom