Offspring Axe-Fx Rig Rundown

Love that band!

"rep from fractal came out....." Would that be M@?

I think it was Mark Day this time. :)

This is actually quite a coincidence. I haven't played Offspring in years but just this week I played "Self Esteem" and "The Kids Aren't Alright". I used be a huge Offspring fanboy... you know.. when people bought CDs. Aww man that must sound like I'm old for most kids here. :lol

Haha. I like the "Axe FX is ruining rig rundown" comment on the video.
Haha yeah, but that's usually the interviewer's fault. They usually ask about the effects and the signal chain in a "classic" rundown but as soon as they see the black box they go "cool, you're using the Axe-FX" and jump to the next step in the chain.

"There is not a whole lot going on in this rack..." There is man!... Just ask him to show the layout in the Axe, what amps is he using, the effects, the routing, scenes, presets.. There is a LOT going on inside the black box.

First concert I was able to go to on my own was Offspring and the Dickies. Geeze that was ages ago, I was in 5th grade I think, maybe 6th. Good for them

I don't think the interviewer has any clue what an Axe-fx even is. He seemed really confused by it.

Or didn't want to admit that large bands are going "that way" in live stage sound. Kevin said it best that depending on the room, your amps can sound differently. Additionally shipping charges and ease of setup, that was a great point to be made.

One of my pet peeves is pickup pole pieces that aren't aligned perfectly beneath the strings, especially low and high E's..........grrrrrrrr.......

Yea these guys need to boot up axe edit for these rig rundowns. Very cool and yet another major artist/band using the axe.

PG needs to start anticipating this and start prepping their interviewers to handle it. They could bring a laptop and go over primary patches in Axe-Edit with the guitarist. Talk about their modeled amp choices, cabinet IRs, effects layout, etc.

thats cool, havnt been listening to offspring for quite while.. i´m glad to see they are still around and i think its great that many of my musical youth heros goes the fractal route.. a couple of weeks ago we had bush.. who is coming next? rage against the machine? :)

Yeah, they really need to do better. I'm sure there are some artists who might resist the idea of showing off their patches. But that's what they should be asking for. I'm sure they've had artists who have turned them down for a rig rundown because they don't want to show all of their analog secrets. Or guys who don't want to let people see their knob positions or some other secret sauce. If an artist isn't comfortable letting them video/screencap Axe-Edit, at least get them to discuss some of their favorite models and cab combos, what effects models they like, or whatever else they can get.

I get the impression from this video though that the issue wasn't that Noodles wouldn't have let him see. The interviewer just flat out was clueless about it. Had no idea what to ask. And in fairness, Noodles said he doesn't get it all yet, but his tech was right there and an interviewer that's been trained on the Axe could have gotten some details out.

Back
Top Bottom