OFFS! - EPIC fail! back to EPIC!

Ok.. this last week has been hell, ive already got the boxes out to return the axe2 because It just sounded crap compared to everything else I own (I have at least 8 of the real amps inside the box) so naturally I would be in a good position to judge.. So I went about my day to do this.. unfortunately the axe just lost every time by quite a long margin...

So i played around some more, everything sounded harsh.. flat, weak, and quite frankly not the money I paid for it's worth!- rather disappointed as you can imagine..EPIC fail!!

UNTIL! (Drum roll)

I turned the goddam poweramp sim back on under global!.. like, DOH!. must have been accident since I got it, or maybe like that from when I received it...

Now I can safety say the axe is a wonderful piece of gear, and the boxes safely stored back in the attic where they will be for a long time. EPIC!

Morlee of this tale.. im so stupid!
The end!

Glad you found in time. Manual and Wiki are your friends.
Would love to know how many people have returned it because of user error..

We all have our facepalm moments from time to time. If you bought it used maybe the guy used it with a real poweramp, who knows.

Mine was stuck on Bassman for the first week, until I tried turning that one really big dial on the front of it. But then all I got was another Bassman.
Kind of expensive for a one trick pony... I would read that WIKI thingy, but I'm not Hawaiian.:eek:ops

I've been using the Axe for a little over 2 years now - first an Ultra, then the II.
While beta-testing one of the pre-release Axe-II firmwares, I had the same epiphany as the OP... this just doesn't sound good AT ALL ! There's no depth, no body, no shape, no feel, no substance. NADA !!
This is supposed to be better than the Ultra ???
What has CLiff done ??!!!!@#$%$^&%*

Cliff emailed me back to check that my global power amp sim was on.. sure enough - it was NOT !!!
Turning it on brought back that WOW factor !!

IOW - it's not just new users who have to look up and face-palm every now and again!
We've all been there at one time or another.

I love my Axe :)

Try it with the power amp sims off & the presence control at 5 (or more to taste). That control changes from boost only with the sims on & boost & cut with them off. The Axe can sound quite good with the power amp sims off if you remember to make this 1 adjustment. It has caught me a few times!!

Back
Top Bottom