Official Welcome to Kurt Rosenwinkel!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Some of the very best of the high-profile guitar players I work with are ardent admirers of the great Kurt Rosenwinkel. We are very proud to be adding him to our web site as a member of the Axe-Fx III family!

“Since I started playing the Axe-Fx III, I am able to get the sound I have been dreaming about for years. There are certain ways that the Axe-Fx responds to the playing that you can’t find unless you search for the holy grail real amplifier, and then you can’t take it with you. With my Axe-Fx III I take my sound with me wherever I go. Thanks for this amazing gear!”

IMG_0623.jpeg 2019-11-25 16-12-32.png

Last edited:
Great news!

Any specific info on what Kurt is using?
Twin model?

Kurt's been a Twin guy for as far back as I know, often going stereo with two Twins on stage, so odds are pretty good that the Twin is still a huge part of his AxeIII sound. That said, I've always been a Deluxe Reverb guy, and although that's still my go-to amp for most patches, the ability to switch over to any of the high-gain 4x12 stacks and back again has become a part of most of my patches, too.

I see Kurt is still using his HOG2. There's a cool auto-swell feature in that which I haven't been able to reproduce in the Axe with the speed and accuracy that the HOG2 has. Jonathan Kreisberg has been using it recently, too. The second track (I think) on his new live album features that effect with some dotted-rhythm delay at the end of the track. Really cool flute-like effect.

Kurt's been a Twin guy for as far back as I know, often going stereo with two Twins on stage, so odds are pretty good that the Twin is still a huge part of his AxeIII sound. That said, I've always been a Deluxe Reverb guy, and although that's still my go-to amp for most patches, the ability to switch over to any of the high-gain 4x12 stacks and back again has become a part of most of my patches, too.

I see Kurt is still using his HOG2. There's a cool auto-swell feature in that which I haven't been able to reproduce in the Axe with the speed and accuracy that the HOG2 has. Jonathan Kreisberg has been using it recently, too. The second track (I think) on his new live album features that effect with some dotted-rhythm delay at the end of the track. Really cool flute-like effect.
Is someone working on this?

Someone working on this effect/preset?

Yes, Yamaha SG200. He likes the access to the higher frets and its lightness. I've heard that he either traded it for a metal zone, or won it in a poker game.

Yes, Yamaha SG200. He likes the access to the higher frets and its lightness. I've heard that he either traded it for a metal zone, or won it in a poker game.
My old guitar teacher had a high end one in the late 70's...gorgeous! Yeah as my 8 year old niece says verbatim "You're ode!"

It's unlikely the AxeFX will pull it off on its own. The POG2 has some sort of algorithm going where if you play

1. let ring.......|
|----------------------|
|----------1----(1)----|
|-------0-------(0)----|
|----2----------(2)----|
|-3-------------(3)----|
|----------------------|

The POG2 does
2.let ring..........|
|----------------------|
|------------<-1--(1)--|
|--------<-0--(0)-(0)--|