Official statement bout AX8 updates needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voron

I think it will be nice to have an official statement about future updates from Cliff. Hate to look at all these speculations about Ares/noAres will or not in several treads.
So Cliff please make a clear statement. Event if it's just like "No future updates, end of the story".
I think community deserve to be informed from the first source and not from gueses. Just my 2c!

I’m not holding my breath for a new update and to be honest the AX8 sounds pretty good as is but it would be nice to know from the source if there will be a future update just to stop the speculation.

Even with the developer problem and release of new product (that does NOT substitute AX8 in all it's convenience) would be nice to hear about porting the the partial Ares: "We're working on that. It will be done".

AX8 is a best seller and the user should be as high considered as the AxeFXii ones.

Just maybe they dont know yet if its possible to port more Ares to the AX8 and don't want to make any preliminary statements.
Alos, the guy responsible for the AX8 porting left, right?

Sure, I would like another update, but if we don't get one its still ok for me.
Just be patient ...

Not trying to fan the flames......I purchased my AX8 late last year.....honestly, I feel like it works pretty awesome (my limited knowledge is the weak link in the signal chain), but I AM concerned about the future of using the device in conjunction with the software updates on the computer platforms. I pretty much *need* AX8 Edit application, but whether on a Mac (as am I) or a PC, if future computer software OS updates render the AX8 Edit application non-functional, that could be a real problem. That is my concern at this time: is the AX8 Edit at least likely to play nice with whatever OS(s) next becomes mainstream?

It’s like people are asking him to say he’s done when he may not be.

Exactly, if he says it’s done and he’s still working on it then people will be upset, but, if he says he is trying soemthing, yet isn’t sure if it’s possible, and ends up not being able to deliver, then people will also be upset

I think that if he determines it’s done, he will say so, if he determines he can update soemthing, he will do so, in the meantime it’s not official EOL, and there is no promise of additional updates

This ax8 drama is getting a little out of hand. What is the point in making a thread like this? The entitlement of some people is sickening.

Does the AX8 really need any updates? Are there any bugs that need to be fixed? Not sure why so many people are asking....

The point of the thread is that if Cliff would’ve been up front about what’s happening with the AX8, threads like this, and the various speculation throughout the forum would’ve been eliminated before it started.
This has been brought up a millions times though. I just dont see the point in creating another thread, especially one that wont get answered. With the Fm3 coming out, i would believe common sense would allow us to draw a conclusion to whats going on.

I agree that we don’t need this thread. I also agree that we probably know what we need to regarding the status of the AX8. But unless Cliff wants to communicate, I’m just prepared for this to continue to come up.
Coming from being a kemper purist for a number of years, Cliff is definitely active and his communication is a thousand times better than other owners at other boards. Some people need to be grateful for whats coming or what they have and trust that the products will deliver instead of whining and complaining.

Just speaking for myself, I'd say the lack of any sort of announcement or comment regarding the prospect of future AX8 update(s) means simply, "They don't know yet." And if they don't know yet, that's why we don't know yet. It's that simple. Why obsess over it?

I'm sure there are loads of moving parts to the whole question and with the launch of FM3, the AX8 is simply not the focus of Fractal's efforts & attention right now. Trying to read too much into that isn't going to change anything either. We'll just have to hurry up and wait. In the mean time, try to enjoy your AX8. It's still an extremely righteous sounding unit. As is.

No news is good news. Cliff is not shy about EOLing products. AX8 is not EOL until he says it is.

This thread is silly. Why not start one asking that he tell us the Axe III is not EOL? For all we know, it is!

I know this isn't going to placate people but I have never purchased a product assuming that it was going to continue seeing updates and improvements over time. While I have very much enjoyed the long and robust support that Fractal products typically enjoy, I have always been prepared to accept that today's version is the last version, because no guarantees otherwise were ever made. IMO the AX8 sounds phenomenal and it's not worth freaking out over this right now. It's probably going to be a good while before the FM3 arrives; see what it's all about and consider if you really, truly want to move.

Last edited:
Well I know Im happy with the ax8,I came to the party late ,got it late last year with firmware 10.01, been here since the ultra .A little more with the ax8 would be great , we know its not over till its over ,maybe Cliff will say its over now. Get on the Fm 3 waiting list or something:confused:

Honestly I think the expression pedal implementation was poorly done in the AX8, that's my only gripe with the box. Professionally it's unusable because it lags and the averaging algorithm wasn't done correctly. BUT I have solved the problem by abandoning expression pedals and putting a 95Q in front of my AX8, so if I never see another update I don't really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom