...or at least one of the very few left...

Steve+Lukather+lukather.gif

Concert starts in about an hour... :twisted
When I saw the title I thought... "wow... someone is about to die and they wanted to post on the FAS forum." Then I see a picture of a guy that looks like a cross between Mark Day and Ron Jeremy with an octopus tattoo... no wait, it looks like a snake with an angel maybe?

Either way I hope you have a great time at the concert!

When I saw the title I thought... "wow... someone is about to die and they wanted to post on the FAS forum." Then I see a picture of a guy that looks like a cross between Mark Day and Ron Jeremy with an octopus tattoo... no wait, it looks like a snake with an angel maybe?

Either way I hope you have a great time at the concert!

I thought the same thing... That's Steve Lukather btw. A living legend.

Half way to heaven and back again... Show was awesome! A sober and somber Luke was sporting his Luke 3 and Luke 2 into a pedal board into two Bogner XTC's. Tones were awesome, as always. Song highlights were "SONG FOR JEFF", Hendrix' "Freedom", "Goodbye pork pie hat" (I think)...

Guitarplaying 10/10
Band 10/10
Songs 8/10
Luke's vocal performance 6/10

Catch the show if you can, guys!

Borrowed the pics! :)

100_0806_zps021f2600.jpg

IMG_1674_zps132f322e.jpg

What a player!

Is that Johnny Winter on the keys?

Luke is such a cool cat. I always get a kick out of interviews with him... And his lessons, anything. He's just "got it".

Those 2 XTCs are tits. I love my Bogners.

Great post, thanks!
Mo

I went to see Steve in Stockholm. The sound was, to use a word one of the other attendants used, "awful", and I have to agree.

* Steve's playing was great.
* His guitar was mixed _significantly_ higher than anything else.
* The guitar sound was very piercing. It sounded like an SM57, which is great if you want to cut through the mix, but there was no mix to cut through.

The crowd was very welcoming though in my opinion and the mood was good. But in the second half of the set Steve said something along the lines of the crowd being a "tough" and that can't be good.
The sound was bad enough that the crowd wasn't getting into it and Steve felt it.

After the show a colleague of mine asked me if the sound had sucked(!?!) I asked him how he knew and he said that the last time he went to a show at Nalen, the sound sucked too... maybe it's the (beautiful) room?

A shame really. At least I got my Luke t-shirt!

Yes, I was slightly disappointed but I probably would have gone even knowing the sound would have been bad. It really didn't bother me that much now that I think about it. I've been listening to Steve's stuff forever so this was more about being in the same room! ;) I just felt bad for the band since they obviously weren't aware of the sound being an issue and just perceived it as the crowd not being into it.

Back
Top Bottom