Off to see Eric...

stratamania

Fractal Fanatic
Eric Johnson, that is. I find myself taking a few days off after Easter and in the North of England. Tonight Eric Johnson, is playing in a small 500 seat theatre in the Spa town of Harrogate, England. So I am off to see the gig very shortly.

Also I notice FW10 is probably this week so life's good. Best wishes 8)

Here's a holiday postcard from me.

How was it? I'm fortunate enough to live in Texas, and I previously lived in central Texas near Austin so I think I've seen Eric 9 times now, and I always go when he's in town. Eric is probably my favorite all around musician when you consider his electric & acoustic guitar abilities combined with the fact that he's a pretty adept piano player as well. And he sings.

I still remember the first time I saw him, even if it was on TV and not live in person. One of my top five guitar moments in my life.

I enjoyed seeing Eric playing live for the first time although he was having gear problems with one of his amps which seemed to be pulling his attention.

I am not familiar with all of Eric's material but will be checking out some more. He did do a couple of acoustic tracks in the set also, as well as the usual suspects, like Zap, Manhattan and Cliffs of Dover.

All in all a good end to my short Easter break :)

Seeing as I live in the middle of frozen nowhere, I never get the pleasure of experiencing these things live... so I have to settle for the next best thing: watching it on my PC :)

The DVD from the set he did in Austin in 1988 is my fave, love putting it on and just fall asleep listening to it :)

I forgot that I'm going to see him on Monday. I bought tickets the other week because he's playing about ten minutes walk from me. I've only heard a couple of his tracks before, so I hope I enjoy him.

We've also got Michael Schenker and Ritchie Blackmore soon.

I just got some sounds on FW10 with the ODS and a TS that seemed very EJ. First time with the Axe I've really enjoyed moving into a moderately high gain world. I'm normally lower gain, but I was getting a sound that was just liquid gold. Made me wish I had the chops to play EJ and run some beautiful legato lines.

Saw him last Sept. in my Hometown. The coloniel Theatre in Phoenixville , Pa
Great show, Small venue. Met his bass player in the parking lot after . Short show . But very good. Closed with Wind Cries Mary. What stood out was the song I love. Gem.

I forgot that I'm going to see him on Monday. I bought tickets the other week because he's playing about ten minutes walk from me. I've only heard a couple of his tracks before, so I hope I enjoy him.

We've also got Michael Schenker and Ritchie Blackmore soon.

Nice one Chris. I have tickets for Blackmore's Knight later this year at Guildford. Are you going to that one ?

Back
Top Bottom