ODS Ford???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get, why everybody (including Cliff) suddenly gets so upset. Paco statet his opinion - maybe in a too harsh way.
But I think everybody has to be open to critics.
And it's absolutely unfair to flame him with lots of insults.
In my opinion, Paco you are a great guitar player and I loved your snippets. They were very inspiring - much more than all the shitstorm here !!!

And maybe there really is something wrong with the new firmware, cause I don't like the sound of the Ford amp too.
And I totally understand that one is bugged, when with every new update he has to tweak all his presets again.
For me that's the reason why I still stick to my real amps for live use, and I'm only using the Axe FX for homerecording purposes ;)

Never mind guy and calm down. Merry Hatemas :p

You forgot to say, "please"... Sir, you whine like a 5 year boy old who never got his G.I. Joe with Kung Fu grip for Christmas.

I prefer the Ford 1 but the Ford 2 doesn't sound off to me.

But I've never owned a real Dumble so I'm just going by my personal taste.

That ending decay trails sounds very whole, full, good to me. It trails off into an almost bell like deep ringing like one of those biggest hand bells. Very cool.

Tact: The ability to assert your ideas or opinions, knowing what to say and how to say it without damaging the relationship by causing offence.

Smartest thing I've read yet on this thread......

OP starts off by insulting Fractal/Cliff personally, then gets offended when others insult him/his playing. Typical Alpha God complex, I can call you a ______ but you can't call me that. OP would have gained tremendous respect from all had he chosen to be more tactful with his/her words, offering polite suggestions and polite personal opinions rather than blatantly referring to the hard work of those at Fractal with an offending term, when by all accounts, the change in sound could also be a direct result of (as has been proven many times before with updates) a change in settings, or perhaps the OP's equipment - speakers/poweramp.

Don't feed the trolls.

Not to pick a side, because I really don't care, but they aren't exactly free.

I bought my Axe II when it was on FW7 or so, and I think I have received probably 100+ amp models, in addition to continuous upgrades at a pace no other manufacter comes close to matching, in addition to new and improved FX, via FW updates totally free of charge.

I've never had to pay as much as a dime for FW updates, either major or minor ones. I bought was essentially a great and finished product with FW7 loaded, and most brands would likely leave it at that. I mean heck, L6 has been using the same algo's since the year 2000 lol, but Fractal just keeps on letting me update with no charge.

They could easily say that each new FW is a $49 cost or something like that, or maybe you get new FW updates for 1 year etc, but they don't, they keep giving them to you free of charge.

Yes you do have to buy an Axe, but, still.... Can anyone name another company that has been so committed to continued improvement, taking into account user needs and request, and providing those improvements free of charge ?

Look- it is one thing to respectfully offer feedback and ask questions of FAS about an amp design in order to possibly increase the community knowledge base. Cliff is always assessing his designs and enhancing them and is very open to input.
His dedication to learning and improving the product is amazing. Do I like all of the amps- No. I wouldn't like all of the real amps either.
Is it a perfect product? No. Neither is any amp out there.

The OP was not respectful and brought a vibe of unwelcome hostility to the community. Needs to present his ideas in a responsible way or they will be ignored by most people.

I bought my Axe II when it was on FW7 or so, and I think I have received probably 100+ amp models, in addition to continuous upgrades at a pace no other manufacter comes close to matching, in addition to new and improved FX, via FW updates totally free of charge.

I've never had to pay as much as a dime for FW updates, either major or minor ones. I bought was essentially a great and finished product with FW7 loaded, and most brands would likely leave it at that. I mean heck, L6 has been using the same algo's since the year 2000 lol, but Fractal just keeps on letting me update with no charge.

They could easily say that each new FW is a $49 cost or something like that, or maybe you get new FW updates for 1 year etc, but they don't, they keep giving them to you free of charge.

Yes you do have to buy an Axe, but, still.... Can anyone name another company that has been so committed to continued improvement, taking into account user needs and request, and providing those improvements free of charge ?

Makes perfect sense. Thank you for a polite rebuttal.

I really don't get, why everybody (including Cliff) suddenly gets so upset. Paco statet his opinion - maybe in a too harsh way.
But I think everybody has to be open to critics.
And it's absolutely unfair to flame him with lots of insults.
In my opinion, Paco you are a great guitar player and I loved your snippets. They were very inspiring - much more than all the shitstorm here !!!

And maybe there really is something wrong with the new firmware, cause I don't like the sound of the Ford amp too.
And I totally understand that one is bugged, when with every new update he has to tweak all his presets again.
For me that's the reason why I still stick to my real amps for live use, and I'm only using the Axe FX for homerecording purposes ;) END QUOTE"

IYO, Maybe a bit too harsh and that makes it all OK??

He did not just attack the man, he attacked his livelihood. Can you understand that? That was\is tactless, very uncalled for, way out of line insulting and plain nastiness in the OP's opening post'

Forum folks here post grievances and dismay when they feel it's warranted and just. No problem, but they DO NOT attack and insult.

THAT is what folks are upset about, not the fact that he(for whatever reason) Paco thinks mine and many others favorite amp mod sucks. So if you want to "post with the big guys" (PacoTalk Basic 101) try and be objective and honest.

Paco may be the greatest guy in the world-but this time he screwed up----- He should own it and move on.

or they will be ignored by most people.

For these people you call it "most", I'm already getting ignored because they find it most pleasant to express them verbally before being able to make a true sonic statement regarding the original topic. Most simply can't.....
Personally I don't care being ignored by people who calling me an asshole in a public message board ;) They should ignore me instead of bring in the unwelcome hostility you just talking of. Maybe these guys think they payed me a lesson, instead they showing their incompetence in many ways. What a bunch of losers......:p

There are people posting in manners that is unwarranted and uncalled for.

For the OP: you'd catch a lot more flies with honey than vinegar. Social grace and how you say things is often as important as what you say if the desired outcome is some sort of resolution.

For those that are bashing/posting name calling: Being right does not excuse one from social graces. People have every right to be wrong. Disagreement with someone does not excuse you from acting in a civil mature manner if the desired outcome is some sort of resolution or solution to the topic being discussed.

Civil discussion begins with a mutual respect for those that both agree and disagree. That is not the case exhibited by some.

I find that sad. Continuing on in this manner will result in nothing positive nor constructive for anyone.

I'm not caught up in the emotional turnstile so perhaps I sound like the old fool on the corner; I don't really care. I post this in the spirit of trying to help and nothing more.

I hope you find what you are looking for; but all of this - both the firestarter and the turmoil around it - is not the way to get it done.

We've come a long with with this box. Some of the advances have been because of criticism. I think Pacocasanovas makes important contributions often and this is another one. I don't disagree with much of what he says about the ODS model and what seem like recent changes to it not for the better. But I disagree with how he said it. Maybe we can get back to talking about the model instead of the messenger?

I hope you find what you are looking for; but all of this - both the firestarter and the turmoil around it - is not the way to get it done.

Cheers Scott! And another sideline perspective, we are all here for a common goal to rock out with whatever sounds good to our ears. It is GOING to be approached differently and results will be scattered regardless of viewpoints.

The more civility, mutual respect and appreciation we can show for each other, the further we can send this magical black box into the future of rock-dom.

Thanks for all you do FAS.

Reactions: Rex
LOL so much drama. It's like either be a dick and insult people, or pack up and call it quits, while posting a "woe is me" thread..

Just imagine if people were thinking about buying a fractal product and decided to take a look at the regulars on the forums....

I agree with Scott! So I would like to apologize for calling myself a dick.
A breath of fresh air enters the week old porta-potty - Love it Knuckles - Well timed humor is always a good way to help segue out of an uncomfortable situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom