Odd tone request possibly...

MSP

I was going through some old recordings here the other day and one was of a Valvestate Marshall. It kinda took me back... While I dont expect or suggest for Cliff and company to model this amp, does anyone have any ideas on how to get this kind of tone in the AX8?

Nostalgia is a weird, weird thing my friends.

Hah, I got something close with the JC120 and the shred distortion. At least close to my now faded memory...

Nostalgia is a weird, weird thing.

Here's a block I just messed around with using factory cab F121 1X12 Triptik Mix give it a shot and see what you think. I had a Valvestate 65R quite a few years ago and tried to remember the feel of it.

Attachments

• Valvestate_20180525_205310.blk
    820 bytes · Views: 6
Reactions: MSP
....In the Cab block, turn the Proximity Effect 'off', set the Delay to zero, Low Cut to 200Hz and High Cut to 20,000Hz.

I may be remembering it sounding better than it actually did, although I never really thought they sounded half bad.

Wow what a blast from the past!

My first amp was a Valvestate 80 when they originally came out. I thought it was brilliant at the time. If only I'd realised back then that mids are a good thing for a guitar tone. Found some old band recordings years later and my default amp settings of high bass and treble, next to no mids and the contour cranked had not aged well!

Recently got in touch with an old school friend and he still has his 40w Valvestate, I've not visited him yet though, will be sure to check it out when I do.

Reactions: MSP
Sonofiam, very cool. I remember my VS100r sounding a bit different, but I was in a similar boat to Davus PG, running no mids and the contour cranked... The mistakes of youth... Haha.

Ive attached my quick mockup of a Valvestate-ish patch as how I remember my and Davus's settings. Thinner, and scooooooped!

Attachments

• Valvestate.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom