Odd situation - downloads being changed without edits.

So I took the added step today of resetting everything again, ensuring I was on the latest ARES, and i restored with the latest preset pack. I downloaded ONLY Ares patches and sure enough it’s still giving me that wonky sound. The good news is - at least I can replicate the problem with ease. Looking forward to hearing what you found!

so i can confirm that on the latest Ares 2.00, downloading very old presets cause the Reverb time to be very long, and some presets don't work as the CPU is overloaded.

this can be expected honestly. some of the presets mentioned in this thread are from around 2013 or earlier. many, many revisions have happened since then, and i'm not surprised that old presets don't work on new firmware. this is par for the course on really any gear with years and years of time between preset creation and loading.

so downloading old presets not made on Ares 2.00 will probably have issues.

as far as things changing on their own, i didn't experience that while playing the Axe2 for about 2 hours last night. so i can't comment on that. an MFC would not change parameter settings on all presets. FracTool wouldn't adjust all presets either, unless an operation to do that is executed.

i did however experience a noise i don't remember ever hearing before. it's a very rhythmic "computer" type noise. with the Input Gate off, i hear it loud and clear on any preset with a drive pedal or high gain. if i adjust the noise gate down, the noise is gated.

this may lead to suspecting the guitar of producing the noise, but i don't hear this on any other FAS device, though i'm sure there is some noise. just not this specific, repeating pattern thing. i'm not sure if this is a product of Ares 2.00 or something else, but i am experiencing it with my current setup. it could the electricity from the wall, the computer nearby, the cameras, who knows. but it's there.

so i can confirm that on the latest Ares 2.00, downloading very old presets cause the Reverb time to be very long, and some presets don't work as the CPU is overloaded.

this can be expected honestly. some of the presets mentioned in this thread are from around 2013 or earlier. many, many revisions have happened since then, and i'm not surprised that old presets don't work on new firmware. this is par for the course on really any gear with years and years of time between preset creation and loading.

so downloading old presets not made on Ares 2.00 will probably have issues.

as far as things changing on their own, i didn't experience that while playing the Axe2 for about 2 hours last night. so i can't comment on that. an MFC would not change parameter settings on all presets. FracTool wouldn't adjust all presets either, unless an operation to do that is executed.

i did however experience a noise i don't remember ever hearing before. it's a very rhythmic "computer" type noise. with the Input Gate off, i hear it loud and clear on any preset with a drive pedal or high gain. if i adjust the noise gate down, the noise is gated.

this may lead to suspecting the guitar of producing the noise, but i don't hear this on any other FAS device, though i'm sure there is some noise. just not this specific, repeating pattern thing. i'm not sure if this is a product of Ares 2.00 or something else, but i am experiencing it with my current setup. it could the electricity from the wall, the computer nearby, the cameras, who knows. but it's there.

I’m familiar with that noise - it’s usually cell data interference. Ever put your cell next to a clock radio or computer speakers and you can hear similar noise JUST before a text comes in? That’s what you’ve most likely got goin there.
Can you hear it on top of your sound when playing - say - an open b string?
Also, not sure if you saw my latest post before this, but I’ve taken old presets entirely out of the equation. I’m only using Current presets and ARES patches on axechange. I’ve also used different guitars, cables, breakers, power conditioners, turned everything off, disconnected it and moved it to a different room.

One other thing. Using the old presets didn’t give me any issues on ares. It’s only started over the past 8 weeks. I upgraded to ares long ago and was using tons of old patches with no problem.

one favor / question. Can you load preset 5075 from the axe change and Tell me if you get instant cpu overload and complete sound breakup? I’m narrowing this down .... and that’s a crucial key to the puzzle. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom