Odd routing question

Karinger

Input---------\--------Amp Block---------------------------In left----------------Delay-----Stereo output XLR
..............................------Output-------HX Stomp Amp Sim---In Right----/

Is something like the above possible to use an FM3 and an HX stomp for the effect of having two amps? This is a theoretical question and I am curious if it could be done.

I'm not really sure if I understand you correctly, but for the two amp sims, you may use In2 and Out2 (both TRS).
Since the HX Stomp is basically an external FX, there should be no problem.

As for the L/R: the Outs and Ins are both stereo, and cannot be splitted. You may use panning to achieve this.

As for the L/R: the Outs and Ins are both stereo, and cannot be splitted. You may use panning to achieve this.
They can be "split" by sending the signal to 2 Vol blocks and setting the Input Select in the Vol block to Left on 1 and Right on the other...

Input---------\--------Amp Block---------------------------In left----------------Delay-----Stereo output XLR
..............................------Output-------HX Stomp Amp Sim---In Right----/

Is something like the above possible to use an FM3 and an HX stomp for the effect of having two amps? This is a theoretical question and I am curious if it could be done.
Your signal flow is not translating well... Maybe try posting is as "code"?

You can't send Output from the Amp block to the Input block. Input comes from outside the box.

Are you trying to have the Amp block in parallel with an Amp sim from the HX? It should be possible.

Would something like this work? The top mixer set 100% left and the bottom one 100% right? I havent tried this, but i imagine it will give you a left FAS channel and a right HX channel. I would possibly be concerned about latency with mixing the two though. If the HX introduces a couple of milliseconds it could make things sound weird.

Attachments

• FM3 HX Split.PNG
    FM3 HX Split.PNG
    190.2 KB · Views: 13
Your signal flow is not translating well... Maybe try posting is as "code"?

You can't send Output from the Amp block to the Input block. Input comes from outside the box.

Are you trying to have the Amp block in parallel with an Amp sim from the HX? It should be possible.
Yes exactly

Would something like this work? The top mixer set 100% left and the bottom one 100% right? I havent tried this, but i imagine it will give you a left FAS channel and a right HX channel. I would possibly be concerned about latency with mixing the two though. If the HX introduces a couple of milliseconds it could make things sound weird.
This sounds like an experiment I will need to try.

This sounds like an experiment I will need to try.

Intoodeep1113's routing will get you exactly what you want. Although, I'd make one change: instead of bringing the two lines together at the end with mixer blocks, I'd merge them before the delay block so they both get the delay effect. The mixer blocks are also not necessary unless you want to really micromanage the volume or panning, but both can be done in the FM3 amp block and either the Input2 block or on the HX settings.

Intoodeep1113's routing will get you exactly what you want. Although, I'd make one change: instead of bringing the two lines together at the end with mixer blocks, I'd merge them before the delay block so they both get the delay effect. The mixer blocks are also not necessary unless you want to really micromanage the volume or panning, but both can be done in the FM3 amp block and either the Input2 block or on the HX settings.
This is great news. I want to eventually try this once I get my invite. Maybe it will be on special for Christmas Season or whatever holiday you celebrate at that time... Hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom