Odd Noise / Hum on Preset Thru FOH

vika12

Experienced
I lined up 3 presets for last night's gig. I ran FM3 mono to my Xitone (as a monitor) and linked out from the FRFR to FOH. This was a large outdoor gig with beefy FOH volume. The sound guys are pros with excellent equipment (RCF mains, etc.). All 3 presets sounded good through the Xitone, and 2 sounded good through FOH. However, one preset through FOH (according to the sound guys) had a strange hum or odd noise as notes decayed. I played through the good 2 presets, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell what might have been wrong with that one preset? Again, it sounds good through my FRFR and at "normal" volume levels. Thanks!

Here's the preset ...
Thanks. Do all scenes on this preset have the problem, or just one?

I hear some underlying noise on scene 3 as the note fades away. No surprise there, though. You've got two Drives chained together. That's going to get a bit noisy. If you want quieter tails, turn up the noise gate Threshold in the Input block.

Thanks. Do all scenes on this preset have the problem, or just one?

I hear some underlying noise on scene 3 as the note fades away. No surprise there, though. You've got two Drives chained together. That's going to get a bit noisy. If you want quieter tails, turn up the noise gate Threshold in the Input block.
All scenes on the preset had the issue -- but only through the PA, which was very high volume. I'll add that one of the other presets that I used without a problem (attached here) also has 2 drive blocks chained together.

Attachments

• Q DIV 13.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
Then all I can say is that I don't have the issue here. Maybe there was a particularly nasty source of interference at the venue.

Then all I can say is that I don't have the issue here. Maybe there was a particularly nasty source of interference at the venue.
Or maybe the Matchless preset is just a bit hotter and pushed the system over the edge ??? Thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom