Odd External Footswitch behaviour

mikhael47

I have a two button (TRS) Behringer footswitch. It is momentary.
I have setup one of the buttons to layout 8 switch 4 (tap tempo / hold tuner) and when I tap on it it brings up the tuner intermittently. If I tap it twice to set the tempo, it goes right to the tuner. If I set the hold function to say toggle a scene, the scene will toggle on the tap function. I have messed around with the settings for the hold function timeout and it's not changing the behaviour.

I suspect there is an issue with my footswitch but I don't have another to test with. That being said, it works fine if I do not set a hold function.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Last edited:
I have a two button (TRS) Behringer footswitch. It is momentary.
I have setup one of the buttons to layout 8 switch 4 (tap tempo / hold tuner) and when I tap on it it brings up the tuner intermittently. If I tap it twice to set the tempo, it goes right to the tuner. If I set the hold function to say toggle a scene, the scene will toggle on the tap function. I have messed around with the settings for the hold function timeout and it's not changing the behaviour.

I suspect there is an issue with my footswitch but I don't have another to test with. That being said, it works fine if I do not set a hold function.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
What firmware is the FM3 on? Is the TRS cable firmly connected and pushed all the way in? Do you know the model number of the footswitch?

What firmware is the FM3 on? Is the TRS cable firmly connected and pushed all the way in? Do you know the model number of the footswitch?
It's a behringer FS112BV (from the Bass V-AMP). It does support hold functions. Firmware is 1.06 and it's fully pushed in. I've tried it in both ports.

Try going into: set up / I/O / pedal and change the ring and tip polarity. Mine are set to normally open/momentary make. That got my switches working correctly.

I don't have a switch yet for my FM3 but I've seen someone else mention odd behavior with a momentary switch. Page 100 of the manual mentions changing the "Virtual Toggle" setting.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FM3/FM3-Owners-Manual.pdf

View attachment 74987
This led me to the config that works. The pedals default to expression pedals, so I switched it to tip/ring. I also went in and set the pedal tip and ring to normally open/make.

It works as expected now.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom