Odd Duck: Mission SP-2 Question

panthalassa

Hi, All!
I have a Mission SP-2 connected to my FM3. This unit features two TRS jacks, and as such I have two (functional) TRS cables going to Pedals 1 & 2. So far so good; the wah works in Pedal 1. At the moment I have global volume set to Pedal 2. That works as well.

However, disengaging the wah keeps it at "toe down" position - in other words, a whole lot of treble (hence the Duck title). Switching presets fully disengages the wah. Hmm... weird... The manual mentions modifiers, and External Control on page 67, but I don't see any modifiers in any channels, and the only External Control on the MIDI/Remote page on the FM3 is set to Pedal 1.

Sorry for the noob question. This is a brand-new device for me, and I'm loving it; just slowly learning as I go here.

Access the modifier for the wah "control" parameter, select an autoengage option (this part may be done already) and set "off value" to 95%.

It needs to be set per block/preset. Block copy/paste in FM3-Edit might save a little time if you're generally using one wah setting in various presets.

Autoengage is per-modifier at the block/preset level.

There's a global wah bypass parameter but that's not really usable with the SP2 in this kind of setup. The SP2 isn't sending any sort of signal that the FM3/Axe-FX can respond to when you switch to output 2; it just shorts output 1 to 100% and connects the pedal/potentiometer to output 2.

Autoengage is per-modifier at the block/preset level.

There's a global wah bypass parameter but that's not really usable with the SP2 in this kind of setup. The SP2 isn't sending any sort of signal that the FM3/Axe-FX can respond to when you switch to output 2; it just shorts output 1 to 100% and connects the pedal/potentiometer to output 2.
That makes perfect sense. I imagine Fractal's EV units would offer way more functionality. This SP-2 is a holdover from rigs of yesteryear. ;)

If you want a wah in a preset, you have to explicitly put one in the preset.
The thing is, the wah wasn't switching off. I had no problem adding one. I'm sure the manual stated the procedure, but I regret to say I need to do a lot more re-reading. Bakerman's been a big help. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom