Odd cab block issue / very dull and congested tone

Talus

Inspired
Ok, so this is an issue I've been having for a very long time. No matter what I do, all my tones are very dull, mid heavy and congested. No matter how high I crank the treble, no matter which amp or IR I use it's always the same story. It also applies to all the presets as well as all Austinbuddy's presets. The guitars are also not the issue, as they sound completely fine through real amps as well as BiasFX.

Here's where things get strange. Today I was fooling around with cablab in my DAW. loaded up an IR and it sounded absolutely stellar. Not muddy or mid heavy and plenty of top end that was missing before. Took that same IR, exported it to the scratch pad, and we're back to muddy mids and no top end. I've tried resetting the cab block to no avail.

This has been an issue through multiple firmware updates and I've done a factory reset in the past. Anyone have the slightest idea whats going on here?

When you use an GEQ after the cab block and lower some of the lower mids? It helped me alot and sounds great on my end. I use the 10 band GEQ and the looper. Start each of the bands turning them all the way up and down and I achieved this way great sound out of my 2 Matrix Q12a's. I can hear the metall of the string very clear and cutting well through the band mix.t

Reinstalling firmware doesn't help. It's been an issue before Quantum came out. A GEQ does help to some extent, but it doesn't really explain why IRs sound so different when loaded through a cab block vs live through CabLab.

I'll try to get clips up ASAP, my computer isn't being cooperative at the moment.

sounds like a phase issue. i can't imagine how this might happen, unless you're running two ir's together and they're out of phase with each other.

Today i've compared TSE X50 (which sounded great) with my AxeFx III (which sounded dull with the same settings).
The first result is the AxeFx's cab block is not culprit : i've routed X50's output to the AxeFx and obtain the exact same sound.
Now trying to find what's wrong in the amp block

Ok everything is correct, i had made a mistake copying x50's amp settings to the AxeFx's amp block, now i get exactly the same sound.

Today I was fooling around with cablab in my DAW. loaded up an IR and it sounded absolutely stellar.

this rules out the amp block and any eq issues. it has to be something related to the export of the ir, or mixing of exported ir's and factory ir's in the same cab block. have you tested with a single factory ir?

Back
Top Bottom