Odd "Bug"?? Filter on/off and X/Y state - One Scene Only

Genghis

Power User
I have a strange and very specific "bug" I'm seeing with Scene 5 in a few patches that have a similar layout:
Scenes 1 and 2 are variations of my hi-gain rhythm sound that use a filter block turned on in the X state. Scenes 3-4 filter is off, as those are my clean channel variations.
Scenes 5-8 are all variations of my lead tone that use the filter block on in the Y state.

If I save the preset with all of these Scenes configured properly as described above, and go from Scene 1 or 2 (with filter on in X mode), Scene 5 will come up with the filter in Y mode (as expected), but turned off. I'm 100% sure I saved it with it turned on and have done this several times on at least 3 similar presets. Jumping from 1 or 2 to Scenes 6-8 works as expected and the lead channel kicks in with the filter on and in the Y mode for my solo tone. Even more strange, if I go from any scene 6-8 over to scene 5 the filter is engaged and on Y as it should be. So from any other lead tone to scene 5 lead tone works, but from either of my rhythm tones to scene 5 my filter is off. I didn't try it from clean 3 or 4 to scene 5 and just shut down my rig for the night.

Sooo... not sure if anyone else uses a similar type of filter switching scenario to make small EQ changes from rhythm to lead and may have seen this one also, but I wanted to mention it. I'm hoping the new firmware that's coming "soon" will fix it. I won't rule out the possibility of user error, but I'm about 99% sure I'm setting it up and saving it properly, and I'm not new to Fractal stuff; been a user since the days of the Ultra.

Back
Top Bottom