Octaver/pitch help needed!

juuso

In one of our bands songs is a part where both guitars are playing harmonies so the basic sound floor gets pretty thin with the bass only. Can someone help me how to greate some kind of effect or setting that i can momentarily turn on to fill the cap.

Tried the pitch block but got only some weird unusable effects out of it.
Octaver is what first came into my mind but i couldn make it sound natural enough. to sound Like just an added bass line octave higher.
has someone found a solution for this?

The way that I would tackle this is to keep one guitar playing the rhythm part and use the harmonizer to cover the harmonies (if possible?) with the other guitar.

A clip of the song would help.

The way that I would tackle this is to keep one guitar playing the rhythm part and use the harmonizer to cover the harmonies (if possible?) with the other guitar.

A clip of the song would help.

That would be easiest but guitarist are not using fractal products. Has to be done with bass.

There was a posting recently by Leon (I believe) where he was using the synth and assigned a fixed key to play 3 different notes on three separate foot switches and would play over them. Really neat idea but would depend on the tune(s) you play.

Update: Check out the AX8 Synth Drones Tutorial

You can try to increase the songwriting parameter. JK but seriously, learn more about harmony and you'll fill those gaps without damaging the harmony and the melody.

You can get a decent POG tone with the pitch block. It can only do octave up or octave down... not both

That would be easiest but guitarist are not using fractal products. Has to be done with bass.

So you are the bassist? If so, the best way for bass to fill is to learn to play some chordal accompaniment like a piano player would do. Doesn't have to be complex stuff, often just sustaining a note or 2 up higher on the fretboard while keeping the bass note on the bottom tight with the kick is enough to fill things out substantially. Depending on the style, you could go fuzz bass as well as that can sound huge. Or, just consider giving the music some space to breath.

One of my favorite fuzz bass tunes...

Unfortunately for the moment AX8 Pitch block is sucks. I use Whammy DT with my AX8 and control it via MIDI from AX8.
Really hope that it will be improved soon!

Back
Top Bottom