Octave effect only on lower strings?

claxor

Power User
Guys,

I have a Boss OC-3 Super Octave, and I love it. In addition to using it as a regular octave pedal, you can set it also so that it only applies the octave effect to the lower/bass strings on a guitar signal.

I wonder if there is a way to do this in the Axefx 2?

Check it out @ 2:20

Assign the pitch controller to the mix parameter of a pitch block setup for octave down. Reverse the start and end values of the modifier to give low notes octave and high notes no octave. Use the maximum value to set the level of the octave. Use the other modifier parameters to adjust the curve shape and control the cutoff point of the octave effect. A steep vertical curve would give it a more defined cutoff between octave on and off.

To keep the dry level more consistent, you can also run the pitch block in parallel set to 100% wet mix and assign the pitch controller to the level parameter of the pitch block instead.

Last edited:
I get some nice similar tones with the pitch block. Don't know that much about it, but I'm gonna check out mr_fender's suggestion. That pitch block is fun.

Would be great if modifier curves were more flexible: vertical curve with adjustable ofset would be great.

Back
Top Bottom